Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

we never fight and its weird

Posted by   + Show Post

going on 1year together and my bf and i never fight. when there is a "disagreement" he just lets me win the conversation. he lets me do what i want when i want and he never complains. he literally is the type of guy you dream and want but to be honest i never know if he ever has his own opinions cuz he just agrees with me all the time. we never fight and i think its weird. or maybe im the weird one becuz i think fighting is normal? im just not use to it and it kind of worries me sometimes and im getting a bit annoyed by it. i feel sometimes just wanting to pick a fight so i can finally see his true colors how he is when hes angry

maybe i should just drop it . . . .

by on Sep. 26, 2013 at 2:39 PM
Replies (51-60):
LeilaBeansMom
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:56 PM
I think there is a really big difference between fighting and not giving you an opinion. Some people are just really go-with-the-flow, it's all good! types of personality. Fighting over the small stuff just doesn't seem worth it in the big picture scheme of life. (I am one of those types) That being said, I always give my opinion on everything. I don't just always agree with my husband on all things. I would find that odd. Does he do anything on his own? Hobbies? Friends? I would be concerned if his entire life revolved only around you.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I'm going to agree that as long as he has his own life, its ok.  But then again, it might be his personality.

Quoting LeilaBeansMom:

I think there is a really big difference between fighting and not giving you an opinion. Some people are just really go-with-the-flow, it's all good! types of personality. Fighting over the small stuff just doesn't seem worth it in the big picture scheme of life. (I am one of those types) That being said, I always give my opinion on everything. I don't just always agree with my husband on all things. I would find that odd. Does he do anything on his own? Hobbies? Friends? I would be concerned if his entire life revolved only around you.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:10 PM

I say you are lucky!

benny1031
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM
You are very lucky.
catrig
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:55 AM
He can't maintain that forever.
Megan11587
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 7:17 PM
My husband and I rarely fight
want10more
by Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:20 AM
1 mom liked this

nah, you're right. nobody gets to agree ALL THE TIME. if he's giving in to you all the time, then you don't know his real feelings........... sometimes my much loved hubby thinks his first name is DAMMIT!~ heh

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM

Quoting benny1031:

You are very lucky.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM
It's true. It won't last forever. Enjoy it while you can!

Quoting catrig:

He can't maintain that forever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommie2madison
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 11:09 AM

When someone cares more about the relationship, than being "right", they can usually work through differences without "fighting".  That said, if he isn't even disagreeing with you that suggests to me he is just internalizing it, which will eventually explode.  Encourage him to open up.  And you too should make sure you care more about the relationship than being "right".  As a couple there is no "I win / you lose" scenario.  As a COUPLE you either both win, or you both lose.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN