Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Your bedroom?
I need a color that says I'm young(20's) but I'm a parent! I've been searching for years... I started painting pink but stopped halfway... Looks ridiculous
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Replies (51-60):
PrimalMom
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:07 AM

My bedroom used to be in the shades of reds and golds and whites. It was very clean and romantic/sensual looking. Like if you could say "rich in love" that's what our room looked like. 

Right now there's no real color palette in there. Our furniture is a red wood and though its pretty I would have gone with a different shade of brown had this set not been on sale. I see our bedroom set in a lot of commercials and advertisements and craigslist. Our sheets and blankets change each time we wash them so one day its blue sheets with a moose blanket, another day its brown sheets and a brown comforter, another day might be green/blue satiny blanket with whatever sheets. lol

SheciaBaby
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM
My furniture doesn't even match Lol!

Quoting PrimalMom:

My bedroom used to be in the shades of reds and golds and whites. It was very clean and romantic/sensual looking. Like if you could say "rich in love" that's what our room looked like. 

Right now there's no real color palette in there. Our furniture is a red wood and though its pretty I would have gone with a different shade of brown had this set not been on sale. I see our bedroom set in a lot of commercials and advertisements and craigslist. Our sheets and blankets change each time we wash them so one day its blue sheets with a moose blanket, another day its brown sheets and a brown comforter, another day might be green/blue satiny blanket with whatever sheets. lol

AngelSinger
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM

Black and white. 

Beenthere3times
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I love colors in the taupe or oatmeal family. They're neutrals and i don't get sick of it, or sick to my stomach. lol! Then i add color with bedding, pillows and accessories.pillow

babyant13
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:47 AM
mine is a dark green color
fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

Mine is cream but I'm not really allowed to paint so I just decorate with bedding & such.

dotsicle
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 11:30 AM

Mine is Camel. We got the paint free, but I like the color anyway.

SheciaBaby
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Oooh I really like that color!

Quoting dotsicle:

Mine is Camel. We got the paint free, but I like the color anyway.

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this

If the color is too dark, you can tone it down with accessories, drapes, trim, etc.  I really love a dark-ish color with bright white crown molding/window molding and a thick base board.  Then add whilte drapes, large white canvas art or large white mats in framed art.  Also, lighting makes a huge difference.  Significant overhead lighting with plenty of task lighting too.

la_bella_vita
by Silver Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:54 PM

Lavender

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)