Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom
Your bedroom?
I need a color that says I'm young(20's) but I'm a parent! I've been searching for years... I started painting pink but stopped halfway... Looks ridiculous
by on Sep. 27, 2013 at 5:48 AM
Replies (71-80):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this
It's ok for now but I would not mind a change:)
Quoting SheciaBaby:

Do you like it ? Light green could work. I was thinking like a sea foam green or like a ocean blue

Quoting delanna6two:

My place needs much help but the walls are light green and white.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Hmmm. That sounds lovely :)

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

A gray glaze and a mellow purple bedspread .

Sheer gray and black curtains ( to keep the sun out before I'm ready) :-D

I have an awesome black and white print called " le bassier" sp. ( French for " the Kiss") by Helmut Newton.

The other wall pieces are a couple of art like pictures of my wedding and romantic quotes on one side of the wall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 12:56 AM
I know how you feel. I feel like I need to change my whole house up. How to get hubby on board, I'll never figure out-but I can try.

Quoting delanna6two:

It's ok for now but I would not mind a change:)

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Do you like it ? Light green could work. I was thinking like a sea foam green or like a ocean blue

Quoting delanna6two:

My place needs much help but the walls are light green and white.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrimalMom
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 1:12 AM

Ours used to not either lol have you thought of making your furniture match to start off with? My personal taste is that I don't like everything to match anyway because it makes it easier to add and remove what you don't need as time changes anyway. When we bought our bedroom set it was like a gift to us as a couple and moving to a new house... I almost have buyers remorse with it lol. Maybe you could paint some of your furniture or sand and stain? Wish I was there! I get my jollies off by refinishing stuff :D

Quoting SheciaBaby:

My furniture doesn't even match Lol!

Quoting PrimalMom:

My bedroom used to be in the shades of reds and golds and whites. It was very clean and romantic/sensual looking. Like if you could say "rich in love" that's what our room looked like. 

Right now there's no real color palette in there. Our furniture is a red wood and though its pretty I would have gone with a different shade of brown had this set not been on sale. I see our bedroom set in a lot of commercials and advertisements and craigslist. Our sheets and blankets change each time we wash them so one day its blue sheets with a moose blanket, another day its brown sheets and a brown comforter, another day might be green/blue satiny blanket with whatever sheets. lol

SheciaBaby
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 2:18 AM
1 mom liked this
I wish u were here too ! I say paint and it seems all my friends scatter away. Lol ! I am gonna get a platform bed.. And a tall dresser instead of my wide one

Quoting PrimalMom:

Ours used to not either lol have you thought of making your furniture match to start off with? My personal taste is that I don't like everything to match anyway because it makes it easier to add and remove what you don't need as time changes anyway. When we bought our bedroom set it was like a gift to us as a couple and moving to a new house... I almost have buyers remorse with it lol. Maybe you could paint some of your furniture or sand and stain? Wish I was there! I get my jollies off by refinishing stuff :D

Quoting SheciaBaby:

My furniture doesn't even match Lol!

Quoting PrimalMom:

My bedroom used to be in the shades of reds and golds and whites. It was very clean and romantic/sensual looking. Like if you could say "rich in love" that's what our room looked like. 

Right now there's no real color palette in there. Our furniture is a red wood and though its pretty I would have gone with a different shade of brown had this set not been on sale. I see our bedroom set in a lot of commercials and advertisements and craigslist. Our sheets and blankets change each time we wash them so one day its blue sheets with a moose blanket, another day its brown sheets and a brown comforter, another day might be green/blue satiny blanket with whatever sheets. lol

.Peaches.
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 6:57 AM

I don't think there's a color that's necessarily 'appropriate' for people in their 20's, people in their 30's, ect. It has more to do with your personality.

Paint it whatever color you want. My walls are white because we rent and although we can paint, we just didn't feel like it. When we move, we've got this stuff called renter's wallpaper that you can stick on and peel off when its time to move, and it looks great.

I like going with paint colors that you can change the decor with- I'd hate to be stuck in the same color scheme.

whoodathunk
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Mine is sage...a bit boring and ready for a change.  NOT pink though!

mamasloves
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:29 PM

white but ive always loved purple and wish i couldvapainted  it some kind of purple

pendragon928
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Mine is called seamist, it's a beautiful blend of sky blue and barely there grey, in the sun it looks sky blue and when the sun isn't directly in the room it looks like greyish-blue, I have it paired with creams, and soft beiges with barely there blue accents in the summer and in winter I have it paired with cream, and a very light, almost blue grey and just a pop or two of black.  It's sophisticated but restfull.

SheciaBaby
by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Lol... I just basically meant the bright pink was I'm a teen type of color. Not a color room that u invite a grown man in and expect him to feel comfy. Bahahaha I understand. Think I'm.gonna go with that camel color with a dark red contrast and black furniture.

Quoting .Peaches.:

I don't think there's a color that's necessarily 'appropriate' for people in their 20's, people in their 30's, ect. It has more to do with your personality.

Paint it whatever color you want. My walls are white because we rent and although we can paint, we just didn't feel like it. When we move, we've got this stuff called renter's wallpaper that you can stick on and peel off when its time to move, and it looks great.

I like going with paint colors that you can change the decor with- I'd hate to be stuck in the same color scheme.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN