Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

don't know what to do

Posted by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM
  • 14 Replies
I just don't know what to do anymore my son who is 2.5 never wants to eat i an in bed of done ideas on breakfast lunch n dinner ideas i just don't know how to get him to eat what i fix
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 3:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
unsuspected
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:06 AM
1 mom liked this
Relax.

He'll eat when he's hungry. Keep calmly offering at meal times, don't do snacks that he gobbles up inbetween meal times.

Relax.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Sep. 28, 2013 at 7:19 AM

He will eat when he is ready..keep calm!

Beenthere3times
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:28 AM

I use to make happy faces with fruit on the plate. Example, 2 banana slices for the eyes, strawberry for the nose, blueberries to make a smile, cherrios to be used to make hair and to frame a face.  You can do it with everything. I will find a link for you.apple

Beenthere3times
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

http://www.planetpals.com/edible_food_art_crafts_kids.html Check this out! I think your son will be eating everything in no time. :)

momofsunshine77
by Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:49 AM

My 2 1/2 year old is doing the same thing.  Dont worry, they will eat when they are hungry.  They will not starve themselves.  It is normal for this age.  My 4 1/2 year old also did the same thing.

SlapItHigh
by on Sep. 28, 2013 at 4:01 PM

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.  Is it that he won't eat what you make?  But he will eat other stuff?

celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Good advice. I would add, though, that having stuff he can grab on his own is a good thing-but make it healthy. I bag up fruits and veggies in snack bags, I have mozzarella cheese in the fridge where they can get to it.

Quoting unsuspected:

Relax.

He'll eat when he's hungry. Keep calmly offering at meal times, don't do snacks that he gobbles up inbetween meal times.

Relax.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:14 PM
I think she is saying he will snack but wont' eat meals.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I'm sorry, I don't understand what you are saying.  Is it that he won't eat what you make?  But he will eat other stuff?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this
I think everyone is not realizing how toddlers are. It's healthy to eat six small meals throughout the day. I see no reason he can't graze, as long as its healthy foods. Have him eat fruits and veggies, cheese sticks, etc....but in six, very small, "meals" through the day.
That way, you know he's eating well, and you don't have to worry about his eating right.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Sep. 28, 2013 at 8:16 PM
Cool idea!

Quoting Beenthere3times:

http://www.planetpals.com/edible_food_art_crafts_kids.html Check this out! I think your son will be eating everything in no time. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)