Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Negativity creeps up again.

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM
  • 10 Replies

A friend offers to pay for the twin's birthday cake. It is an expensive cake. Instead of feeling happy for having such a generous friend I feel embarrassed because I convinced myself to believe that she thinks I can't afford the cake.

It makes no sense because I am the one who told her that I was going to buy the cake. 

I really need to work on being more positive. Please help.

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 8:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM

Have you tried talking to someone about how you are feeling? Sometimes I feel like just talking through feelings really helps. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

try to see the good in people.  I know it's hard to accept random kindness from people sometimes, I also tend to think there's always an ulterior motive but believe in the people around you.  I'm sure your friend is doing this out of the goodness of her heart !

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
3 minutes ago
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:03 PM

Quoting Jinxed8:

try to see the good in people.  I know it's hard to accept random kindness from people sometimes, I also tend to think there's always an ulterior motive but believe in the people around you.  I'm sure your friend is doing this out of the goodness of her heart !

Great advice!

mycutepup
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thank you so much. I am trying very hard.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 2, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Happy Birthday to your twins! blowing candles

Quoting mycutepup:

Thank you so much. I am trying very hard.

Smoore922
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM

Unlesss your friend said anything to make you feel that way they really were probably just being a genuinely nice person... theyre still are some out there believe it or not... Does this friend have kids? Maybe they really wanted to help out becuase they dont have kids of their own, idk... Maybe, just maybe, theyre a GOOD friend. Just embrace it. Get them a thank you card/gift and just say thanks. :)

mycutepup
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 9:28 PM

Her child is 2 years older than mine. We see each other once a week at a painting class and sometimes at parties. We are not that close but recently she has been very opened to me about her personal life. She didn't say anything to make me feel poor and she knows I am NOT poor. LOL. You can't be poor if you can afford to take your twins on an around the world trip right?:-) 

I just need to believe the fact that I am not a bad person that a lot of people do like me. Trying hard every day.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM

Quoting splatz:

Have you tried talking to someone about how you are feeling? Sometimes I feel like just talking through feelings really helps. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Maybe she just wants to?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh and happy birthday to them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)