Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I QUIT!

Posted by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
  • 22 Replies
1 mom liked this

Have you seen this video going viral? It is of a woman who worked for a video producing company who decided to quit her job via video. Take a look.

The video itself isn't particularly special, but just the idea that a professional person quit their job in such an unprofessional way kind of has me stunned.

Have you ever quit a job in a less than professional way?
Do you have any 'take this job and shove it' stories?

by on Sep. 30, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
splatz
by Sarah on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:25 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow... no IMO burning bridges is never a good way to go. Especially with employment. 

Cafe MichelleP
by Head Admin on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:43 PM

I agree. Burning bridges is never a good thing.

Quoting splatz:

Wow... no IMO burning bridges is never a good way to go. Especially with employment. 

LeJane
by Member on Sep. 30, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Thanks for posting..   :-)    loved it.    

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 1, 2013 at 7:58 AM

tfs

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:10 AM

Interesting way to go. Tfs

Reina13
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Haha. This is funny.

My 'take this job and shove it' experience was when I was a teenager and babysitting. I had a summer job babysitting 2 girls from 8am until 3pm everyday. I would get them  up, feed them, get them ready for the day, take them to their swimming lessons, make them lunch, take them on outings and finally get them cleaned up again before their parents came home. I would make sure when they were playing inside to do the breakfast and lunch dishes. 

As the summer wore on, dishes from the night before started appearing more often, laundry needed to be done. It seemed like the parents expected me to be their housekeeper too without paying for all the extra. The final straw was when she asked me to start prepping dinner for when they got home. When I told her that I wasn't comfortable with cooking because I didn't really KNOW how to cook. She lost it and told me that they paid me a lot of money and I should do as I was told. That was on a Friday. She called me on Sunday evening, to tell me that she had to go out of town that week and would need me from 6am to 5pm beginning the next day and she expected all the daily chores to do done in addition to making dinner so her DH wouldn't have to do it when he got home.  Needless to say, I quit and hung up on her. I was 15 years old. 

That was the only time I quit a job without proper notice but the idea of making a video for that momzilla is very appealing to me...lol

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:19 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't remember ever telling one of my bosses to "shove it" per say.  I have stunned the hell out of one of them when I did though.  One of my bosses was a tyrant, honestly the weirdest company I've worked for by far, ran by 2 brothers, weird mentality, tempers flaring all the time, getting screamed and cussed at was routine.  One day he calls me in his office out of the blue and starts ripping me a new one,  threatening my job, that was a Thursday.  In the mean time I had applied and gotten another job.  On the Monday I walked in his office and handed him a resignation letter.  His jaw dropped, and all of a sudden he's praising me telling me he's never had a sales rep like me before and he's sorry to see me go, that I can use him as a personal reference any time.  I gave him 2 weeks notice, he gave me 1 week to finish up my files, 1 week fully paid at home.  I had a good bye card signed by all the office staff ... just weird.

Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I wouldn't do it. My daughter came over grabbed my phone and started dancing with her. My lil one keeps me laughing, 14 months old.
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 12:11 PM

This

Quoting splatz:

Johnhenrysgirl
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 1:34 PM

Interesting video and while it's not the best way to go I hope she got her boss's attention about how he/she treats their employees.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)