Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Worried!

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
  • 17 Replies
My son is 19 months. For the summer he pretty much wore flip flops. We just got him some new shoes and since then he's been limping on one foot. At first we thought it may be his hip, knee or ankle. (The limp has been going on for about 5 days) 2 days ago I was looking at his foot and massaging it and it seems there's a small knot in the arch of his foot toward the inside near where the joint of the big toe is. I've massaged it morning and night and the limp is slowly getting better. Has anyone else experienced this with their toddler? If so what did you do?
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 1, 2013 at 3:57 PM

I haven't. Does he complain that it hurts? Hopefully the massaging just fixes it.

supercarp
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM

When you bought the shoes, did you have a professional fit them?

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:23 PM

I haven't experienced it with either of my kids. Do you think it could just be from him adjusting to the new shoes? 

kss12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
I'm thinking it must be the shoes. I took him to the ped last Thursday and they didn't seem worried.

Quoting splatz:

I haven't experienced it with either of my kids. Do you think it could just be from him adjusting to the new shoes? 

kss12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:19 PM
Not for those particular shoes.. But we've had him sized before.

Quoting supercarp:

kss12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:21 PM
He just walks on the outside of his foot or his heel. He's not fussy or anything but if you massage that tender area he fusses. I'm concerned as he's not using his calf muscle as much as he's not walking heel to toe so I don't want him to assume this is just the way he has to walk forever- mom overreaction I know!

Quoting goddess99:

I haven't. Does he complain that it hurts? Hopefully the massaging just fixes it.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 1, 2013 at 5:27 PM

It's not overreacting when there is actually something wrong =) make a doctor appointment, that's what I would do since in bothers him to have it touched.

Quoting kss12:

He just walks on the outside of his foot or his heel. He's not fussy or anything but if you massage that tender area he fusses. I'm concerned as he's not using his calf muscle as much as he's not walking heel to toe so I don't want him to assume this is just the way he has to walk forever- mom overreaction I know!

Quoting goddess99:

supercarp
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:34 PM

If they are shaped wrong for his foot, you may cause some problems.

Quoting kss12:

Not for those particular shoes.. But we've had him sized before.

Quoting supercarp:

kss12
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I already took him and they said to wait a week or 2.. And that it may be soft tissue damage. We took him to a park tonight and let him walk around.. He was fine there with a little limp but when we got home it seemed to be going away. As he gets tired though he starts to limp a lot more.

Quoting goddess99:

It's not overreacting when there is actually something wrong =) make a doctor appointment, that's what I would do since in bothers him to have it touched.

Quoting kss12:

Quoting goddess99:

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:33 PM
I would have it checked.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN