Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

WHy me?

Posted by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
  • 17 Replies

I am stay home mum.I have a beautiful baby girl who is 8 months old.Well its been more than a yr since i had my hair trimmed or colored etc.So i told my husband that i would like to cut my hair and color them too.

GUess what he said-He told me that  i am a stay home mum for now so why do u need to color ur hair or cut ur hair.'Why to waste money?

So i was wondering if i should b angry or sad.Coz right now i feel both.

by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
supercarp
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Ask him if being a stay at home mom means that you should have no self esteem and no life of your own. If he doesn't even care what you look like, what kind of a husband is he?

orchardmoma
by on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:24 PM

Your so much more than just a mom! Your a woman first. My hubby actually gets upset when I spend money on everyone else and not on myself! It's not a waste of money and I would have a serious talk with him about it

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 4:27 PM
ummm i would be very angry and sad. but since he wants to be an ass.....well two can play that game. make an itemized statement...x amout an hour for 24 hours a day child care. x amount an hour for the average amount of hours u spend cleaning n doing laundry. same with cooking, same with buying groceries etc add all the figures up and subtract your portion of house payment, lights, food, car payment. hand him the balance and tell him thats what he owes u for a clean house, taking car of yalls child, having clean laundry and food cooked each day and that you will spend that money however you damn well please.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:54 PM

Omg. I'd be beyond angry. I'd be going anyway.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 1, 2013 at 6:56 PM

good

Quoting goddess99:

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 1, 2013 at 8:10 PM

Quoting goddess99:

Junebaby18
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:23 PM
Tell him its so you can look beautiful for him! Sometimes that will change their mind.
mom2the.rescue
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 9:38 PM

men are stupid

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:00 PM

Thats bs, you should do whatever makes YOU happy, I am also a SAHM and I like to look good too, just bc youre a SAHM doesnt mean you have to look like a rat! Get it done anyways!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 1, 2013 at 10:38 PM
I'd have a talk with him about that.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)