Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

New to CafeMoms, need advise

Posted by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
I'm new to this site. I am a mom of 3 girls an separated from my husband, there dad about 9 months ago.I am still dealing with the what ifs, did I make the right decision, if so how do I get over him, is what I am feeling normal? So I am looking for a group where i can get advice, maybe someone is going thru same thing or went thru it an can help me figure out whats going on with my emotions.
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
BatMom.
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:30 AM
Welcome. I don't have any advice, but I do wish you the best of luck.
timefor2
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

wish you the best of luck....and Welcome to cafemom!

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:01 PM

Have you checked out the single moms group yet? 

http://www.cafemom.com/group/4509

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:04 PM

This group is honestly a great mixed group though. So feel free to ask questions, vent, etc here.

Seperation (especially when you have kids) is never easy. No matter what the reasoning behind it is. I think worries & doubts are totally normal. When I left my ex husband I went back & forth with myself on whether I was *really* making the best choice for our child or not. Its hard to not second guess things or feel sad, upset, guilty.  Just know you are not alone!

hugs

amonkeymom
by Member on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:46 PM

Hi there!

I second the Single Moms group, there are a lot of us there in similar circumstances.  You might also want to talk to your doctor about the emotional toll the breakup of your marriage has taken on you as well as your girls.

Quoting FallenWings:

I'm new to this site. I am a mom of 3 girls an separated from my husband, there dad about 9 months ago.I am still dealing with the what ifs, did I make the right decision, if so how do I get over him, is what I am feeling normal? So I am looking for a group where i can get advice, maybe someone is going thru same thing or went thru it an can help me figure out whats going on with my emotions.

FallenWings
by on Oct. 2, 2013 at 2:47 PM

It nice to see that I am not alone on this. I really thought i was going crazy. I felt so out of control with everything still do but this is helping me. I just started on this site so i havn't really learned all that you do on here. I am still navigating thru it lol. My mom said it could take months even years to come to grips with all this, is it really that long?? And thank you all for all your help and encouraging words!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)