Holy spoiled child, batman ! (Birthday woes) edited *SOLUTION FOUND!*
So my DD will be 10 this year and although her Bday is only in January, she's already asking me what the plan is.
I always go a little overkill for her birthdays... because they are so close to the holidays I forfeit getting her birthday presents and instead throw her big birthday parties, with themed, made from scratch, birthday cakes. she's had :
- 3 years old : Arts & Craft birthday party including painting your own cotton loot bag
- 4 years old : My little pony party everything themed, decorate your own cookies bar
- 5 years old : Unicorn party with a real princess (magician) on site
- 6 years old : Build a bear party
- 7 years old : Pizza party
- 8 years old : bowling Party
- 9 years old : Cupcakes Party @ a cooking school
I usually invest more or less $250 on her parties. This year I have found 3 options ...
- private party at "The Little Gym" near my home where they close down the gym for us 2 hours, includes 2 instructors, games & activities and decorations to our specifications
- Party room + rock climbing experience at the local multi sports center including 2 instructors
- Cooking school again but the science party where they make experiments including their own silly putty
So I'm telling her this yesterday and she says to me "You know it's my 10th birthday, I want something special" and I'm thinking. Holy Spoiled child of mine, batman ! On the bright side, I"m thinking, there's probably only 1 or 2 more years of this and then Bday parties won't be cool no more ...I know at 12 I was done with all that.
** UPDATE ** So a client of mine has a DJ business on the side, thanks to this post, and all the suggestions, I had a stroke of genius and contacted him. A while ago he asked me if I could have T-shirts made for him for his Dj services but his quantities were really small. I offered to barter ; his services for 1 afternoon for custom T-shirts, he agreed !! I made a few phone calls and turns out I can rent a community hall good for 30 people near my house for a whopping $48. I can get the t-shirts wholesale and printed under the table through a friend of mine . Buy some refreshments, a birthday cake, and DONE !
My daughter will be having a Private Dance Party with professional DJ services ... how cool is that ??