Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you ever lose sleep over and wonder why your child was not invited to a certain party?

Posted by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
  • 37 Replies

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:35 PM

yes it happened to me this year and I was livid ...

To make a long story short,  DD had this little friend on our street, DD invited her to her BDay party the mom guilt tripped me into inviting the little sister too .  This Bday party worked out costing me over $20 per child.  Upon drop off the mother tells me that the little sister won't be there after all.  (thanks you biatch you just cost me $20 + not extending the invite to another friend).  And then, a few months later I see balloons outside their house, DD tells me it's LeeAnn's birthday, and I asked her were you not invited ? And she replied no.  Other kids from the bus stop were,  but she was left out.  I still don't understand why... and it's not like we won't know since you live on OUR street !  

MichelleMc
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:53 PM

Unless it was a very close friend of mine's kid, no. If we were close then why wouldn't my son be invited. It wouldn't really keep me up. I might be "annoyed" more than anything but no. Kids have their friends, kids stop talking & make up & stop being friends all the time as they grow. 

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Oct. 3, 2013 at 2:57 PM

Yes. Mostly when she was younger tho,now she seems to be the life of any party her friends have.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:06 PM
1 mom liked this
No
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:07 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope, I just figured that their parents put a limit on who they can invite and my kids just didn't make the cut. Life's lessons, sometimes you don't get invited to other people's parties.

PoliteisRight
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:11 PM

Do your kids get upset when they have heard they were not invited? If they do what do you tell them?   

Quoting DanaG70:

Nope, I just figured that their parents put a limit on who they can invite and my kids just didn't make the cut. Life's lessons, sometimes you don't get invited to other people's parties.

PoliteisRight
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Maybe I have other thought this at times, I feel like I always just want to 'protect' my kids from not being asked to stuff etc.  It does not happen oftenm or else I would need to question what is going on, but it still has bugged me

Quoting MichelleMc:

Unless it was a very close friend of mine's kid, no. If we were close then why wouldn't my son be invited. It wouldn't really keep me up. I might be "annoyed" more than anything but no. Kids have their friends, kids stop talking & make up & stop being friends all the time as they grow. 

PoliteisRight
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM

How old was she when you stopped having to worry about it?

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

Yes. Mostly when she was younger tho,now she seems to be the life of any party her friends have.

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:19 PM
1 mom liked this

No not really. I have explained to my kids that some times we don't get invited to parties and things our friends do and life goes on. My daughter did say something about her friend's party last year though, I told her that her mom probably told her she could only invite X amount of people and that she just didn't get an invite, after talking with her mother I found out that I was right and that most of the kids that invited were from out of town.

Quoting PoliteisRight:

Do your kids get upset when they have heard they were not invited? If they do what do you tell them?   

Quoting DanaG70:

PoliteisRight
by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 3:25 PM

That is so awful and sad, not just for you but your daughter, like really, how rude.

She knew you would see it and find out about it.  For me when you hurt my kids' feelings than its on...., do what you want to me, but don't make my kid feel bad.

I have had this happen and my daughter was so confused and I just told her that her friend probably had a number limit and that this time you were not invited, I didn't know what else to say at the time.

Now to the mom I wanted to say %%&&##, but I know my daughter watches everything I say and do, do I will be classy even tho I don't want to be.....

Quoting Jinxed8:

yes it happened to me this year and I was livid ...

To make a long story short,  DD had this little friend on our street, DD invited her to her BDay party the mom guilt tripped me into inviting the little sister too .  This Bday party worked out costing me over $20 per child.  Upon drop off the mother tells me that the little sister won't be there after all.  (thanks you biatch you just cost me $20 + not extending the invite to another friend).  And then, a few months later I see balloons outside their house, DD tells me it's LeeAnn's birthday, and I asked her were you not invited ? And she replied no.  Other kids from the bus stop were,  but she was left out.  I still don't understand why... and it's not like we won't know since you live on OUR street !  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN