Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you ever lose sleep over and wonder why your child was not invited to a certain party?

Posted by   + Show Post

by on Oct. 3, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Replies (31-37):
rhiannonaisling
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:44 PM
1 mom liked this

No.

rebeccab1966
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM

Quoting PoliteisRight:

I know with my daughter, one day she is super happy and everything is right with the world and the next day, she throws herself on her bed crying.  I wish it did not bother me, but it flippin does so much.

I make sure she does not know that it bugs me and I let her know, like you said, that it is part of life......

Quoting rebeccab1966:

It used to bother me when they were younger, but as they've gotten older it doesn't bother me anymore.  Their relationships seem to be so "fluid", especially the girls.  One day they're best friends, the next day they've hurt each other's feelings.  I also think it's just part of life and they need to know they'll be fine.

I know what you mean, it can be heartbreaking.  My daughter (10) came home yesterday in tears because her "best friend" has completely dumped her and is being very nasty.  She kept saying "but Mom, WHY would she do that?  Why would she be so mean to me?"  I just try and act like it's normal and nothing to worry about and she can't take it too personally, but inside I'm secretly plotting revenge on this little girl... (just kidding!)

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 1:49 PM

Ha ha,  I soooo get it!

Quoting rebeccab1966:

Quoting PoliteisRight:

I know with my daughter, one day she is super happy and everything is right with the world and the next day, she throws herself on her bed crying.  I wish it did not bother me, but it flippin does so much.

I make sure she does not know that it bugs me and I let her know, like you said, that it is part of life......

Quoting rebeccab1966:

It used to bother me when they were younger, but as they've gotten older it doesn't bother me anymore.  Their relationships seem to be so "fluid", especially the girls.  One day they're best friends, the next day they've hurt each other's feelings.  I also think it's just part of life and they need to know they'll be fine.

I know what you mean, it can be heartbreaking.  My daughter (10) came home yesterday in tears because her "best friend" has completely dumped her and is being very nasty.  She kept saying "but Mom, WHY would she do that?  Why would she be so mean to me?"  I just try and act like it's normal and nothing to worry about and she can't take it too personally, but inside I'm secretly plotting revenge on this little girl... (just kidding!)

LuckymOmma_
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:54 PM

UGH I would be mad to!,grrr...

Quoting Jinxed8:

yes it happened to me this year and I was livid ...

To make a long story short,  DD had this little friend on our street, DD invited her to her BDay party the mom guilt tripped me into inviting the little sister too .  This Bday party worked out costing me over $20 per child.  Upon drop off the mother tells me that the little sister won't be there after all.  (thanks you biatch you just cost me $20 + not extending the invite to another friend).  And then, a few months later I see balloons outside their house, DD tells me it's LeeAnn's birthday, and I asked her were you not invited ? And she replied no.  Other kids from the bus stop were,  but she was left out.  I still don't understand why... and it's not like we won't know since you live on OUR street !  

thatgirl70
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Nope. Just couldn't be bothered.

One time one had planned to come to his party with her 4 kids, which was going to be a month after one of her kid's party. She had said yes to the invite. We had every intention of going to the party, but then he and both came down with bronchitis (I had even taken him to the ER cause I was afraid he would choke in his sleep) and we had to miss it. She said she understood, but then she withdrew her acceptance to our party. What was I supposed to do? Go to her party and get everyone sick? I pretty much had it after that.

Quoting PoliteisRight:

Did they RSVP and say why they could not come to the party?

Quoting thatgirl70:

The opposite has happened to us. I've gone to parties, where I have spent money getting gifts for the kids, but have extended invites to them to attend and they never have. I have even stated that gifts are not required, we only wanted their presence. That actually bugged me more.

PoliteisRight
by Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Some people can be sooo %&*$ ridiculous.  Yes I would for sure have had it and our kids need to see that we don't need to be friends with families that are like that.

Quoting thatgirl70:

Nope. Just couldn't be bothered.

One time one had planned to come to his party with her 4 kids, which was going to be a month after one of her kid's party. She had said yes to the invite. We had every intention of going to the party, but then he and both came down with bronchitis (I had even taken him to the ER cause I was afraid he would choke in his sleep) and we had to miss it. She said she understood, but then she withdrew her acceptance to our party. What was I supposed to do? Go to her party and get everyone sick? I pretty much had it after that.

Quoting PoliteisRight:

Did they RSVP and say why they could not come to the party?

Quoting thatgirl70:

The opposite has happened to us. I've gone to parties, where I have spent money getting gifts for the kids, but have extended invites to them to attend and they never have. I have even stated that gifts are not required, we only wanted their presence. That actually bugged me more.

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM
1 mom liked this
No
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)