Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ever feel like you're just going to lose it?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM
  • 6 Replies
I am a working mom. I am gone out of the house between travel time and an 8 hr day of work from 8 am until 7 pm, m-t and 8 -4 on Friday.I am an assistant scout den leader and comittee chairman. I have a ten yr old, a husband and a house full of pets. I am SO stressed out at work, my house in falling apart because I have no time. I never have time to cook anymore when I AM home and between scout meetings, sports etc. we eat out or eat crap A LOT. I feel like I am at my wit's end. I feel like I am not a good Mom because I am never home and my husband is doing all the homework and spending time with my ds. I just feel like I need a break from work but I am the main breadwinner and can't just lessen my hours or cut my time there and pay. I'm starting to fee like I'm goign to have a nervous breakdown. Anyone else feel like this?? :(

in loveGina

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 4, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry you feel like that. Maybe try to lighten your load in a place other than work. Take a break from the committee you belong to or see if there is another scout leader who can take over for you. Gather some slowcooker recipes. That can help too. Throw everything in and when you get home you're ready to eat.

Marimaru
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:28 PM

Maybe it's time to cut back on the extra stuff like scouts and whatnot?

I'm a work at home mom, and while it's awesome to be home, sometimes a nice quiet office sounds nice, LOL.  I do get to the point of feeling frazzed.  I actually screamed into a pillow the other day.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 4:31 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh my god did I write this ???  Except that I'm not a scout leader I know that would throw me over the edge.  I'm up at 6am every morning and go to bed midnight + ... I am so fed up of working I swear to God !!!  But like you, I am also the main bread winner of the family so I have no choice!  I do have the priviledge of working close to home so I do get to spend a little bit of time each day with DD but clearly not enough because the house schedule is wound so tight and I'm also so stressed and tired.  So to answer your question? YES I feel like you !  it's not easy

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:31 PM
1 mom liked this

HUGS!

wixychixy
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

*HUGS*

Not sure what to tell you.  I had a nervous breakdown myself over the ACA thing just this week.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
I'm so sorry. I get overwhelmed and i'm a SAHM. So I can't imagine how you must feel. (((Hugs)))
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)