Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Ladybugs Are Invading My Windows

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
  • 12 Replies
I heard a noise so i looked out my kitchen window and all though nobody was there not a person anyway. But something else was ladybugs. Not just 2 or 3 but lots like 20 of the lil suckers. Anybody here ever get invaded by ladybugs or would u happen to know why all of a sudden there all over my windows. Id post a pic but i dont know how and im mobile btw. Thanks
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 4, 2013 at 3:56 PM

Hmm Idk. What state are you in?

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 4, 2013 at 7:32 PM

Mine to!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 8:26 PM
No I haven't.
nuts4scouts
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 2:53 AM

Every fall Ladybugs swarm looking for a place to hibernate for the winter. The size of the swarm can vary widely, and depends somewhat on weather, and the amount of nearby Ladybug food (aphids).

preacherskid
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:01 AM

We get them every year, they swarm the Midwest around Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, like crazy.  One year our dining room ceiling was so thickly layered with them it looked like the entire ceiling was moving O.o

zadesmom1998
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:13 AM
1 mom liked this
We get them all the time. I believe they are good luck and bring a calm into the home. Love when they come around.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:39 AM

At least they are catchable!

letstalk747
by on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:54 PM

strange

grneyedormom
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Loads of good luck will fall upon your home!
suetoo
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 9:23 AM

They are great to have around gardens and porches. We had sticky stuff all over our boat cover and deck chairs. It was aphid poop!!! Found out aphids were killing our willow tree. I ordered a ladybug box, (it held hundreds, literally) from a garden supply store, took them down to the lake, gave them all a drink and watched them go. Tree still healthy and aphids under control. We always love to see ladybugs. They aren't destructive at all.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)