Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I need help with picking outfits for pictures!

Posted by   + Show Post

The kiddos are having their photos done 2 weeks from tomorrow. I just scheduled it today so I am sort of freaking out about how last minute it is & coming up with something in time. 

DD has this sweater dress already, would this be cute for pictures?

Paired with white tights and either brown boots or brown mary jane type shoes. 

The photographer is going to do pictures of the kids seperate and together. So I need to figure out what to put ds in. But I have NO idea what to put him in. He has cute dark wash jeans or khakis and brown shoes. But, I don't have any idea as far as a top for him. 

Should I just nix the dress idea for dd and find them both something different to wear instead. Help?! 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Replies (21-23):
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 7, 2013 at 1:33 AM

Well, it is a mini session.. but each kiddo has one so an hour total. Ideally I would just change DS's shirt anyways. She had a car accident earlier this year & shes just getting back into the swing of things so she said we would most likely need to stop for 5-10 minutes in between. I may just ask her if we can do pictures of the two of them together first, then dd, & then ds. That gives him wayy more than enough time to change in between without taking away any time from what she is doing. Or just swap his shirts while she takes her mini-break. If she says no, no biggie. 

We are going to a HUGE park here with all sorts of different interesting aspects as the background. I've actually never been there myself so I don't know what exactly to expect. I don't know how fall-ish its going to end up looking in 2 weeks either. I'm hoping it cools off a bit so some of the leaves start to change though. 

Quoting beckyjeanbbg:

That's a cute shirt :) 

Is it just a mini session? I don't like people changing when it's only a half hour session because it takes away from picture taking. But I let clients change for hour sessions or even 45 minute mini sessions if they're quick :) Haha! 

Yeah, Those are more summery colors. I do think that yellow with dark jeans would be cute as well! I hope the pix turn out great for you guys! 

Hmm...I guess it would also depend what kind of backdround you're using. But I honestly think whatever you pick will be fine. You seem like you are on the right page with finding outfits! But hopefully your specific photog can help you out and get her vision on things :) 

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:15 AM

Quoting MistressMinerva:

I think the sweater dress would be cute. Your son can be in whatever you choose.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
QueenAtargatis
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:52 AM
Pull a color from the flower for him - green, orange, or yellow. =]

I'm a photographer, too, and I always tell my families to wear whatever they want. I want them to feel comfortable. =]

That being said - coordinating styles is more important than colors. Since she's wearing something kind of semi-casual, make sure he's along the same lines, not super casual but not "formal" either. A sweater would be nice, or a polo of some sort. =]
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)