Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my nurse told me 8 weeks pregnant is too far along for an ectopic?

Posted by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
  • 18 Replies

Im 8 weeks, 3 days pregnant. Ive been having some pains in my sides. I called my nurse today, and told her I was a bit worried about my pregnancy being ectopic(they arent doing an ultrasound until 15 weeks) and she told me not to worry, that its probably round ligament pain and that Im too far along to have an ectopic. (note, ive never had an ectopic, or a miscarriage, but I do have a son and Im 18 years old and do not smoke). Is this accurate? I thought women could have ectopic pregnancies until 10-12 weeks along. also, I have had a pelvic exam done, and my hcg levels were normal, i dont know the exact number, I was just told they were normal. My nurse told me if I have anymore pain, to call back on monday and they will order me an early ultrasound, but if I experience any bleeding, or severe pain to go to ER. thanks! (btw, the pains are in my sides, they are mild, and kind of like pulling.)

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:27 PM
I had an U/S done at 8 wks when i found out I was just to make sure baby was where it was supposed to be. so Nov. 1, 2007 they did it as a precaution in case I had an ectopic pregnancy. I didn't, but it was a precautionary U/S anyway.
Could have just been a jittery Dr. IDK.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:52 PM
She is right that it's probably a strained ligament.

However, a fetus can be etopic all the way through although not usually caught much earlier.

It this point, if it were me, I'd assume it's the ligament issue. I had a section of ligaments on my lower right side that caused me a lot of pain throughout the entire pregnancy.

Etopic pregnancies dissolve or end is a miscarriage pretty quickly. Again, there are a few cases where it goes much further and can harm the mother.
Nicki1995
by New Member on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:56 PM
Most likely round ligament =)
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 5, 2013 at 7:40 AM

Hope the pain subsides

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 5, 2013 at 8:42 AM

Hope you're feeling better.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 12:42 PM

Hope the pain goes away soon.

Junebaby18
by Member on Oct. 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM
If its mild pain then its most likely not an ectopic pregnancy. You would be in a lot more pain by now since your tube would be expanding beyond what it's supposed to be.

http://www.m.webmd.com/baby/tc/ectopic-pregnancy-symptoms
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:34 AM
8 weeks is not too fat along for an ectopic. Seek a second opinion if you are still concerned.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

8 weeks is not too fat along for an ectopic. Seek a second opinion if you are still concerned.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:57 AM
Oh! And feel better soon.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN