Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

my nurse told me 8 weeks pregnant is too far along for an ectopic?

Posted by   + Show Post

Im 8 weeks, 3 days pregnant. Ive been having some pains in my sides. I called my nurse today, and told her I was a bit worried about my pregnancy being ectopic(they arent doing an ultrasound until 15 weeks) and she told me not to worry, that its probably round ligament pain and that Im too far along to have an ectopic. (note, ive never had an ectopic, or a miscarriage, but I do have a son and Im 18 years old and do not smoke). Is this accurate? I thought women could have ectopic pregnancies until 10-12 weeks along. also, I have had a pelvic exam done, and my hcg levels were normal, i dont know the exact number, I was just told they were normal. My nurse told me if I have anymore pain, to call back on monday and they will order me an early ultrasound, but if I experience any bleeding, or severe pain to go to ER. thanks! (btw, the pains are in my sides, they are mild, and kind of like pulling.)

by on Oct. 4, 2013 at 10:23 PM
Replies (11-18):
brandie1470
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:59 AM
No! I measured 8-11 weeks when my tube ruptured. Dr told me it was not ectopic. If you feel it may be, see a dr
brandie1470
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:01 AM
also wanted to add...iI had no severe paon the explained iI would have if ectopic and iI didnt bleed until the end. i hope yours isnt ectopic
pedritosmama
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:08 AM

If you are really that concerned, your best bet is to go to the ER.  Strangers on the internet cannot and should not diagnose you, or tell you that you are okay or not.  Only a doctor can do that.  So if you really need that peace of mind, go get checked out. 

amje
by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I've had 2 ectopic pregancies and they are extremely painful. If you're truly worried then it can't hurt to get a second opinion.
splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 6, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I don't think it is too far along. However I experienced pains sort of similar to what you are describing this pregnancy & baby was not ectopic. I did have cysts on both ovaries though that caused quite a bit of discomfort and a ton of bleeding. 

Hope you start feeling better asap!

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 8:17 AM

Quoting pedritosmama:

If you are really that concerned, your best bet is to go to the ER.  Strangers on the internet cannot and should not diagnose you, or tell you that you are okay or not.  Only a doctor can do that.  So if you really need that peace of mind, go get checked out. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bajanmama
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:00 AM

It sounds like strain. And you can have an ectopic pregnancy up to about 3 months. The earliest I got an ultrasound was 11 weeks.

Twix.Leigh
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM
Yea sounds like ligament pain to me. I got it almost all the way with my last, and I've had it so far with this one, but not with my first. Though if you're concerned, like stated before, get a second opinion. Hope it fades fast for you :) and congrats!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN