Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Help!! How do you get rid of fruit flies?

Posted by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 50 Replies

They are driving me crazy!

by on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KyliesMom5
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 10:39 AM

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

These work very well. you can put them behinds things and no one will know they are there.

The other way is to put out Apple cider vinager in a bowl and put plastic wrap on the bowl with holes poked in it. this works but the other way is faster.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM

Never had that problem. Sorry, hope you get it figured out.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Oct. 6, 2013 at 11:31 AM

I agree with the mom above. I also put bleach down my drains & I use the waxy fly traps you hang up.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:22 PM
1 mom liked this
And you add a squirt of dish detergent and mix. It gets rid of the water tension of the solution and makes them drown.

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

These work very well. you can put them behinds things and no one will know they are there.

The other way is to put out Apple cider vinager in a bowl and put plastic wrap on the bowl with holes poked in it. this works but the other way is faster.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 12:23 PM
1 mom liked this
Ive done that too. It helps.

Quoting fudgybuddymom:

I agree with the mom above. I also put bleach down my drains & I use the waxy fly traps you hang up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:48 PM
1 mom liked this

you don't even that. They will drown even if you just use the vinager

Quoting celestegood:

And you add a squirt of dish detergent and mix. It gets rid of the water tension of the solution and makes them drown.

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Works for me:)

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KyliesMom5
by Member on Oct. 6, 2013 at 1:53 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sure it works. I just  have done the vinager cause thats just what someone told me and it did the trick

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:22 PM

Do you have to use apple cedar vinegar or will any vinegar do? Does the apple attract them?

Quoting KyliesMom5:

I'm sure it works. I just  have done the vinager cause thats just what someone told me and it did the trick

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting KyliesMom5:

Hot Shot No-Pest Strip

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 6, 2013 at 2:23 PM

We've been having a problem with them too. It sucks, we don't even have any fruit lying around.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN