Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What are some kids' shows you HATE?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM
  • 35 Replies

Anyone have a preschool show on Disney, PBS, or Nick Jr. that you just can't stand?

Mine used to be Martha Speaks, featuring the most obnoxious talking dog on the planet, and Sid the Science Kid, for self-explanatory reasons.

Now, a new show that just began airing today knocked Martha off the first-place mark.

Three words.

PEG. PLUS. CAT.

It's about this screechy farmgirl, and her blue, talking cat that she likes to SQUEEZE TO DEATH whenever she wants to put emphasis on something. You can tell the cat is uncomfortable and wants to squirm away, but it can't.

Speaking of him, his voice doesn't bother me. It's Peg's.

She's always to-tally talking like this and she thinks it's soooo awesome and cool, but I can't stand it and IT'S TOTALLY FREAKING ME OUT!!

Which is ALSO what she says a lot. 

Not only that, she's very...overreactive over things like chicks escaping a coop. When she found out Cat left the door open she bursts into tears and screams something along the lines of:

"NOOO-O-O-O-OH! WE'RE ALL DOOMEDDD!!! DOOMED DOOMED DOOMED! NOOO! IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!!!"

And so on. Cat had to snap her out of it by blowing a whistle.

Now, the rules are for this post is that nobody tells me, "hey, you're the mom, turn it off" or accusing me of trolling, which I'm not. I just tend to pick at nits sometimes, it's normal for people to do that. Just tell me what your most annoying preschool show is.

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TheDoctorsWife
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:42 PM

Peppa Pig.

kidlover2
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM
Sid the science kid drives me bonkers. My children don't watch it. They don't even know who sponge Bob is and have only had a brief introduction to Elmo. They have all outgrown Sesame Street, but that was one of my favorites and Word World.
britmichele
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
Caillou
britmichele
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:47 PM
SpongeBob
britmichele
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM
Martha speaks
Lizzys_mommy13
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:48 PM

I am not a fan of Yo Gabba Gabba. lol I HATE Sponge Bob with a passion. That one isn't allowed on our TV at all. 

amandamanitz
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:40 PM

Spongebob, Barney, The Fairly Odd Parents.... I'm sure there are more I just can't think of the names right now!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:42 PM

Sponge Bob

natural_s
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:05 PM

Spongebob is the main one that sticks out in my mind because my kids are not allowed to watch it.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I like this one.   Lol.

Quoting britmichele:

Caillou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)