Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever done this...

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM
  • 52 Replies

I was reading an article about a couple that stayed at a 5 star hotel and were arrested for stealing pretty much everything in their room, to include the TV.

Seriously, who steals a TV out of a hotel room? A nice hotel at that?.

I have heard about people taking the toiletries and maybe even the robes and towels but never sheets, lamps and TV's.

Be honest, have you ever taken anything from a hotel room before? Do you know anyone who has?

Do you think it is expected to take toiletries?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:14 PM

I never took anything I wasn't supposed to.

Paigesmommy78
by Bronze Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:17 PM
I think they want u take the toiletries it's not like they can use it if it's been used and yeah I took a few towels once
CEG-PAT
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 2:23 PM
2 moms liked this

They did a skit like that in the SpongeBob episode "Kracked Krabs." They passed this theft off as "exaggeration."

GleeFan
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM
1 mom liked this

My neighbor travels a lot and she loves the hotel toiletries. She will use the ones available the first day, then put them in her case so they refresh with new ones everyday. She takes all the unopened ones and continues to use the opened ones while she is there.

Quoting Paigesmommy78:

I think they want u take the toiletries it's not like they can use it if it's been used and yeah I took a few towels once

GleeFan
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:38 PM

Haha. Really. My kids nor I have ever seen sponge bob before. I might have to look that episode up on youtube.

Quoting CEG-PAT:

They did a skit like that in the SpongeBob episode "Kracked Krabs." They passed this theft off as "exaggeration."

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I've never taken anything but I worked at a hotel for years. People used to steal the pillows lol eww.

Rosebud333776
by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:46 PM
But i did take toliet paper rolls from hosp after an admission. LOL

Quoting Janet:

I never took anything I wasn't supposed to.

caligirl7613
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:49 PM
i will take the soaps n shampoos but never towels or robes (thry just charge ur CC for them anyway) i worked for a nice upscale hotel for short time just out of highschool. their personal policy was to replace soaps shampoos lotions every day regardless if they had been opened.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:54 PM

I've only taken the shampoo and soaps.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Oct. 7, 2013 at 6:14 PM

Honestly I haven't but SIL has, usually towels & says the Hotel "expects" it. My BIL gets mad at her & makes her put them back.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)