Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the most EMBARASSING thing your child has said in public?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 36 Replies

About a year ago, DS was in the grocery store with me and decided to tell the 60-something-year-old man in front of us (don't report me if this is regarded as a swear word, last time I checked it wasn't):

"Hey, OLD GUY! You dropped your PENIS, IT'S HUGE!"

The man turned around and gave me one of the most furious looks I've ever seen, and even though I don't believe, I was praying that he wouldn't explode all over us and get us kicked out.

We paid for our groceries and I grabbed Billy's hand and was scrambling with him towards the van.

Later, I asked him where he got that from, and he told me that he heard it from South Park. Billy was only four at the time and was born with autism, and tends to pick up inappropriate thing sometimes. I quickly put a block on it, and Hubby isn't allowed to watch that show anymore.

What's the most embarrassing thing your child has said in public?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:12 PM

My daughter is 25 now and I'm sure she said something when she was younger, but can't recall off the top of my head what it would be.

HIJKLM
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe not the most embarrassing but the only thing that comes to mind is when my DD was about a year and a half I took her to the grocery store at like 8:30 at night. When we were in the check out line she wanted some kind of junk food. She gives me these big puppy dog eyes and says "mommy can I please have that, I'm sooo hungry, I haven't eaten anything all day" everyone stopped and glared at me... Like seriously? Do you believe my kid hasn't eaten ALL day? What's worse is when my kids were little I'd always give them a snack before going to the store so they don't beg for snacks while we shop. She just ate.
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Thankfully I can't think of anything.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Calling his weenie a "tally whacker!"

zadesmom1998
by Member on Oct. 7, 2013 at 7:53 PM
1 mom liked this
Ds 15 has aspergers and no filter. Thankfully this was said at home. Ds 9 got out of the tub while ds 15 was shaving and he told ds 9 it's good he has a great personality because he wasn't going to have a hard time with girls with such a small penis. When he told me what he said it was so hard not to laugh while trying to explain to him why it's wrong to give his little brother a complex so young
Pagan_Mommy84
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:05 AM

I would have been so embarrissed lol.  My twin's have done and said some pretty embarrising things, but for the top of that list...I was thankful that I wasn't there for it lol.

They've always wondered why black people's skin was so dark compared to theirs.  No matter how you explained it, they just didn't get it or find it logical ... and yes, they've been raised around all types of races since birth...Anyhow, they were staying the weekend at my parents house and my mom put them to bed in her room.  They were 4 years old (they are now 10), and my son Raven was crying and said he was scared...he's always been afraid of sleeping with the light off.  So, my mom said "Well, when your mom was little and she was scared of the dark, she would say 'Jesus protects me from the dark' and 'Jesus is with me.'  It seemed to work, and he went to sleep.  The next morning, my dad took his truck to the gas station and took my boys with him.  While he was pumping the gas, the boys stood next to him outside of the truck.  My dad said a black guy pulled into the pump in front of them on a motorcycle, and he was very buff.  My son's at that time was in the habit of calling everyone a jerk and a punk.  I can't remember which he said Raven called the guy, but the guy thought it was cute and my dad said "you better be nice or he's gonna come and get you"...well, Raven said ... "Nuh uh, Jesus protects me from the dark!"

Thank goodness the guy didn't take it offensively...my dad said he kept appologizing and the man told him it was fine and he was actually laughing.  Now, when I was told the story, I died!  However, if I was there I would have felt horrible.  They did get out of those habits!

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:13 AM
Once we were in a very crowded bathroom at Barnes & Noble. I had my 2yo in the stall with me and he asks loudly, "why are you peeing out of your butt??" And followed it up with intense questions about why I don't have a penis.
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 12:14 AM
Another time my son announced to my friends that I drank beer when I was pregnant with his little brother. It was root beer but he didn't know the difference, lol.
GarysGirl85
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 1:58 AM

My 21yo had 2 moments that come to mind. His 1st was when he was 4. I was teaching him how to read using phonestic and some letters were just easier to put together and sound out and 1 of the very 1st words he learned to spell all on his own was s-e-x. He would tell everyone we met that he could spell.....including a nun who he proudly spelled s-e-x for. LOL The other was when he was 6 and he saw a woman who had pretty thick facial hair and he asked her if she was really a man. She wasn't very happy.

camocountrymom
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:07 AM
1 mom liked this
When my dd was like 3 she was in the bathroom while I was taking a shower one day. When I got out she points and says why do you have hair there?!
She called her vagina her front butt.
We continue on with our day, get to Wal-Mart. She tells the cashier, "my mommy has hair on her butt."

Another time her daddy didn't shut the bathroom door all the way and she walked in on him peeing. A few hours later she told my mil that her daddy only had one butt and a "pee string".
Kids are awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN