Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What's the most EMBARASSING thing your child has said in public?

Posted by   + Show Post

About a year ago, DS was in the grocery store with me and decided to tell the 60-something-year-old man in front of us (don't report me if this is regarded as a swear word, last time I checked it wasn't):

"Hey, OLD GUY! You dropped your PENIS, IT'S HUGE!"

The man turned around and gave me one of the most furious looks I've ever seen, and even though I don't believe, I was praying that he wouldn't explode all over us and get us kicked out.

We paid for our groceries and I grabbed Billy's hand and was scrambling with him towards the van.

Later, I asked him where he got that from, and he told me that he heard it from South Park. Billy was only four at the time and was born with autism, and tends to pick up inappropriate thing sometimes. I quickly put a block on it, and Hubby isn't allowed to watch that show anymore.

What's the most embarrassing thing your child has said in public?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Replies (31-36):
momofpreemieboy
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 3:30 AM

The most embarrassing thing my oldest DD said was right in front of a paster. My mommy has my sister cookie in the oven and daddy put her there. She was  2 and a half. Cookie was how she said her sisters name for the first year of her life. Don't know how she got that out of Courtney either.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:22 AM
When dd was about 3, we went to Spencer's to look for something. I try to keep her out of the adult section, but adult things are all over in that store. Anyway, all of a sudden, she comes running up to me yelling about a pink microphone she has found. As she got closer, I realized what it was. It was a dildo. She continued to beg for this 'microphone' and the store was packed. I almost peed my pants I was laughing so hard, and so was everyone else in the store. I think I was too amused to be embarrassed.
luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:25 AM
The most embarrassing thing, though, now that I think about it was when she was 1. I took her to a college play. During intermission, when all was quiet, she dropped a fruit snack and yelled the 'F' word so loud that everyone in the theater heard her. But most of them turned to me and exclaimed how cute it was that she as talking already. Well, at least she used it In the right context, and no one knew what she said, THANKFULLY.
RunningMommaof2
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:32 AM
We were in an evelator with an old man once and my dd asked me, " mommy, why does that boy look so sad?"
flaquitabss
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 5:53 AM

My daughter (5) went with my Best Friend and me to lunch in a local deli. We decided to sit outside since it was a really nice day.  The outside spaces are usually taken pretty fast, so we took advantage there was one booth available.   Once the waiter brought our soup, my daughter whispered in my ear "I have to tell you a secret" of course, her idea of "whispering" is far from what we normally know.   So I looked at her and told her that it was rude to tell me secrets when I was talking with a friend, and that she could tell me the secret later.   I looked at my friend again, attempting to continue with the conversation we were having, when she again put her head to my ear and said "But I really have to tell you this one" Again, I looked at her and explain to her that when you are with another person, you cant tell secrets to each other because the other person might think we are talking about them and feel sad.  She looked puzzled, looked at my friend and told her "The secret is not about you ok? Dont feel sad" then she whispered again "I dont think this secret can wait" so I gave in, and told her, that since she really wanted to tell me, then she would just have to tell me in front of my friend, no secret, just tell me what was it that couldnt wait!   Then she said, "Ok if you say so" and then proceeded to announce in her normal voice (wich is loud as it can be):  "I just wanted to tell you that I can see your underwear and that it has a pattern of hearts, I counted, and the pattern is wrong, but I like the purple hearts"  

Yes, I laughed, as many people in the patio did!  Never the less I was completely embarrased!  And of course, since then I let her tell me "Secrets" after all, we can always take a break.     For the record, my panties were showing because I have a bad back and was wearing a back brace at the time, so my jeans kept slipping off my waist since the brace is super soft!!

labeautecalme
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:01 PM

My stop daughter told a sales assosciates at Macy's with a straight face when she was 4 years old: "you are fat"! I almost feinted! It was the most embarrasing moment of my life!!!! I was speechless and livid!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)