Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How ethical of a parent are you?

Posted by   + Show Post

A girlfriend forwarded me a story from a magazine about how parents are inherently unethical.

Basically what I got from it was, that most parents are very 'do as I say, not as I do', type of parents.

So I started thinking about myself as a parent. I try really hard to be a good example. The expectation I have for my kids is high and I realized that sometimes I do fall short myself.

Does this make me hypocrite or unethical, or just a busy mom who occasionally slips. It is not like I am a chain smoker telling my kids never to smoke because it can kill you, but more along the lines of 'if you don't have anything nice to say about someone don't say anything at all' and then my sister will irritate me and I'll complain to my husband that my sister is being loony again.

What do you think? 
Are you an 'ethical' parent or do you often find yourself doing or saying something that you have taught your own child NOT to do? 

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 10:16 PM
Replies (51-52):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
1 mom liked this
:)

Quoting ladycnile:

As mothers, we're not perfect, but we'll all keep striving to be.

clapping 

SO..... I'm sure we're all slipping a tad, but if we're doing it right, they'll all become almost-perfect mothers (and fathers) as well. 

We just need to keep it in our head we're CONSTANT ROLE MODELS and we'll be just fine. 

hugs

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:57 AM
I do my best.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)