Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How important is organ donation to you?

Posted by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM
  • 39 Replies

I have always felt very strongly about being an organ donor, so when I was of age, I informed the DMV to add donor to my drivers license, I am also on the national registry. My DH has also made it very clear that should anything happen to him, he wants to be a donor as well.
If anything should happen to our 5yo, I would naturally want to have him as a donor, however my DH is resistant. I think because he is so young, it is a very difficult thing for my DH to think about.

Is organ donation important to you? If your children are not of age to make the decision themselves, should anything ever happen to them, would you consider organ donation?

by on Oct. 7, 2013 at 11:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 8, 2013 at 9:56 AM

My dh and I are not organ donors and I don't think I could donate my dd's organs if anything happened to her but she's so spirited it would be nice knowing she lives on. Idk what I would do.

LizzieAnnesMom
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
Yea, we are all donors. We are all going to donate everything we can, then be cremated. I would without hesitating donate my children's organs. No question in my mind.
MichelleMc
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:15 AM

We are all organ donors. Before my son was old enough to make the choice himself, I would have done it in a heartbeat. We can't use them when we are gone & the best thing we can do is help someone else. 

weaveress
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM

my children would all be organ donors if anything happened. organ donation is so rare becasue it has to be "ideal" circumstances for the organs to be used. It probably would never happen. 

nuts4scouts
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM

Until cloning, and stem cell research, can produce organs grown in labs, organ donation is very important.

Except for those who have religious restrictions, I really doubt that anyone is AGAINST organ donation/transplant. 

As for donating the organs of your children - kids get sick too. A full size, adult, organ will not fit into a child. This is why so many kids never get the transplant they need to save their life.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:35 AM

We are all supporters of organ donation.

Sister_Someone
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:43 AM

Me and my 12-year-old are both donors. Organ donation saves lives, and it's not like any of us are going to need 'em when we're dead.

ZoeCY
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM

I consider it to be VERY important.  As far as our daughter goes, obviously I hope that we would never be put in that situation however if we were as hard as it would be we would want to make sure that no one else would have to go through losing their child so yes, we would donate her organs.  Also, it would be nice to know that something positive couldcome out of something so tragic.  I would hope that others would do the same if she were in a position to need an organ. 

Randi02
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM

We all are!

It's so important. I have a friend with a little girl who needed a lung transplant. She was able to receive one and now lives a pretty normal life because of someone's selfless decision. If you or your child are gone, you're not using those organs anymore - why not prevent another family from the pain of losing a loved one?

mom4awesomekids
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 11:44 AM

My DH and I are organ donors.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)