Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Pain that starts a week after you gave birth? Maybe TMI.

Posted by   + Show Post
Ok, My daughter will be 2 weeks old tomorrow and a little under a week ago my "under carriage" has been extra sore. I only took 4 doses of regular Motrin the whole first week and now I take perscription motrin several times a day because of the pain. It hurts when I have the urge to pee and if I move too quickly. And it hurts into my lower abdomen. Is this normal? In a little worried. Thanks.
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 2:41 PM
Replies (11-15):
caitieV
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 10:53 AM
I had tearing but she said it was the smallest tear. 1 stitch. And I had a catheter and she said there was "brush burn". She said that wasn't serious tho.

Quoting preacherskid:

I was pretty sore for weeks, but I had episiotomies and stitches with bruising woth both of mine, and I have no tolerance for heavy pain meds, so I was pretty much unmedicated the whole recovery period.  I couldn't walk without pain for at least three weeks, stairs were agony.  That said, if you are very concerned, go ahead and give your doctor a call, especially if you start to run a fever.  Did you have any episiotomy or tearing?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Bladder infection is the first thing that pops in my mind. Call your doctor ASAP.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Congratulations on your new baby. :)

victoria1971
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:56 PM
I think bladder infection also. Start drinking 100% cranberry juice.
julainepw
by New Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 8:02 PM
You can check for a possible bladder infection yourself. Pee in a clear cup and check the color and clarity. Light yellow and clear is good. Dark and cloudy is bad. Also there is a strange odor if you have an infection. Still should probably get checked out.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)