Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Neighbor girl

Posted by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM
  • 8 Replies

I took my son for a bike ride (he got a new bike for his bday) and theres a walk path by our house with a gate and railroad tracks, so we came back and he wanted to play out in the filed. Kids come home from school and this little neighbor girl (she goes to school with bf's kids 2nd grade) mommy wasnt home so she played with my son. She kept complaining about being hungry and her mommy not being home. We were out there a good 1/2 hr. So DS and I went to come in and she complained about being hungry again...

Sooo.. I gave her some goldfish and some sour gummy worms and a bottle of water. :) She says "thank you a lot, I'll help you someday because you helped me. Im a girlscout!" lol

Now, I just hope I dont get a backlash from her mother. I know how Moms can be sometimes. I just felt bad for her.

Would you let your 2nd grader go home by herself and wait over a 1/2 hr? I think thats pretty bad.. esp with all the sickos in this world these days. Idk how anyone could feel okay doing that. This girl is only 7yrs old and by herself. :/

by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 4:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I think what she said was sweet and I would never leave a 7 year old alone. My dd is 11 and I don't leave her alone.

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:30 PM

Quoting goddess99:

I think what she said was sweet and I would never leave a 7 year old alone. My dd is 11 and I don't leave her alone.

Im the SAME way, I dont get parents who let their children just roam.. I really dont.. :/

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 8, 2013 at 5:39 PM
1 mom liked this

7 yr olds shouldn't be home alone.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:30 PM

I don't either.

Quoting AydensMommy1008:

Quoting goddess99:

Im the SAME way, I dont get parents who let their children just roam.. I really dont.. :/

ToniTennille
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 6:32 PM

No way and some places it's illegal until they are of a certain age...

AydensMommy1008
by Member on Oct. 8, 2013 at 7:26 PM

Yeah, I told my bf about it, he said to watch tomorrow, and I told him I plan on calling CPS if I see it again. I felt really bad for the sweetheart.

johnny4ever
Having a great birthday!
Yesterday at 4:52 PM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:19 PM

Never..way to young

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 8, 2013 at 8:25 PM
I wouldn't leave my 2nd grader home alone. It was nice of you to feed her :).
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)