Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

When going clothes shopping, do you or your children pick out what to buy?

Posted by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
  • 72 Replies

How old are they? 

I took DD shopping yesterday. Normally I just pick whatever I like for her. She just turned 3 but already has strong tastes when it comes to clothes. She picked out some of the most crazy/funky looking stuff. But once we tried them on her I was in love! She looked so cute and she was SO happy about the clothes. 

DS will be 8 next month and for the most part we pick out clothes together. I give him suggestions & he gives me suggestions. He has pretty good taste in clothes for a little boy though & loves to match. So I think I got lucky there! lol

by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jujubear1
by Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:16 AM
We both do. I make sure she likes the ones I pick out. She's very modest and won't pick up anything resembling booty shorts or anything inappropriate.
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:22 AM

My dd is 11 if she's with me she'll pick stuff out otherwise I just buy things I would wear if I were her size and she wears it =)

Mrs.Kubalabuku
by Bronze Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:23 AM

My son is 5, so he gets to pick some stuff.

My other son is 18 months, and he'll grab something off the racks if it catches his eye.  I usually let him keep it, as he has good taste.  LOL

ConcernedCousin
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Ds 1 is 5, he picks out his clothes. Dd is 4, she picks out some, I pick out some. Ds2 is 14mo so I pick his out of course
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Mine are 10, 8 and 4. They don't care much either way but id they are with me, I like to get their input. I'm especially interested in my oldest's opinion on what clothes I buy him.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM

I take them and let them pick out some. Then I get some when they aren't with me.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:04 PM

How old is she?

Quoting jujubear1:

We both do. I make sure she likes the ones I pick out. She's very modest and won't pick up anything resembling booty shorts or anything inappropriate.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Thats pretty lucky that you guys have the same taste! 

Quoting goddess99:

My dd is 11 if she's with me she'll pick stuff out otherwise I just buy things I would wear if I were her size and she wears it =)

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:13 PM

I ordered her a long denim skirt and when it came she just loved it, wore it to school and everything. I still haven't told her I've had the exact same skirt for over a year lol. So yep, we like the same stuff.

Quoting splatz:

Thats pretty lucky that you guys have the same taste! 

Quoting goddess99:

deadlights86
by on Oct. 9, 2013 at 9:18 PM
My boys are 9 8 and 4. They don't care what they wear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN