Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

kids acting weird

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
  • 7 Replies

My 1 year old child hits his head on the floor whenever i disagree with any of his command.....i am very worried about him....please tell me why does he do this????

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CountJackula
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:01 AM

He probably is doing it out of frustration and anger. Since he cannot express himself with words. My daughter around 12 months was biting herself and anything she could get her hands on. It has since stopped now that she can communicate better. 

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:25 PM

My son did the same....

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:27 PM

Quoting CountJackula:

He probably is doing it out of frustration and anger. Since he cannot express himself with words. My daughter around 12 months was biting herself and anything she could get her hands on. It has since stopped now that she can communicate better. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 10:28 PM
It's a coping mechanism. My now five year old used to do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 10, 2013 at 11:02 PM

Could just be he's frustrated and doesn't have the words to tell you so this is what he does. Mention it to his doctor at his next appointment, just for peace of mind.

notomatoes
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 3:55 PM

its the age..one year olds bite or hit themselves when they are frustrated, they cant tell you what they want, they can point and gesture..a little , but..how do you say, "momma, i want a sippy, the dog ate my cookie and i just threw up on the cat.." when you are one??

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:52 PM

It's a little temper tantrum. He gets frustrated because he wants his way. Don't give in. He has to learn that won't get him his way. The earlier the better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)