Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Caillou's Sex Scandal

Posted by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
  • 12 Replies

We love Caillou in our house, because is a very well-behaved boy. However, a user on iMDb posted on how there were "undertones" in the show, and brainwashed other people into thinking that, too.

"I just recently saw the Caillou episode where he is with his babysitter. They were climbing the stairs together and making sexual moans. Then when they were done, his babysitter started a bath for her "little explorer". Caillou didn't want to, but his babysitter made him. Once he was naked in the tub, the babysitter put her hands together like a pair of binoculars and looked into the tub, and smiled, saying "What's that!" After that "adventure", they went to Caillou's room to go to bed. Caillou then proceeded to talk about his "tent", but it was time for bed. Before the lights were turned off, Caillou exclaimed that he couldn't wait to tell his parents about all his "adventures". Are they putting in secret sex jokes in kid's shows? Shame on them."

Few posts later...

"Oh, brother. You babies are so immature. They weren't "moaning," they were struggling to climb up a steep mountain (actually just the staircase). The bath toys Caillou played with in the tub weren't inappropriate. Julie wasn't looking at Caillou's privates in the bathtub through pretend binoculars when she asked "What's that?" She was looking at the water coming out of the faucet. Caillou decided it was a waterfall and pretended he was exploring it and pushed his toy boat around the waterfall. Gilbert was not hopping up on Caillou's bed to make out with him, and Caillou did not get bald from doing that. Gilbert is Caillou's pet and he just tends to sleep with him. When Mommy and Caillou needed to spend time with Daddy, it's because he was sick and they needed to help take care of him. Well, I'm going to bed. Good night."

"I really don't appreciate the name calling. I also can't believe that you don't see anything wrong with this show. Now, you might be A-O.K. with your kids seeing this blatantly obvious innuendo, but I certainly am not. I just don't think that kids should be exposed to all these dirty sex jokes. Although they may not realize that it's a sex joke, it will be burned into their subconscious forever. You may also be okay with a babysitter helping your kids "explore" in the bath and talk about their "tents", but I think that this disgusting behavior should never be allowed, and especially not on a kid's show. I have taken it upon myself to remedy this show of its problems. 
1. No more subliminal sexual messages. 
2. More Mass, Bible time, praying, and theological discussions on God and Our Savior, Jesus Christ. 
3. Caillou's parents need to spank him on his bottom when he behaves incorrectly. However, the spankings should not suggest any sexual undertones/tension between Caillou and his parents. 
4. All of Caillou's "special toys" need to be disposed of so that he does not use his toys sexually, as that would be wrong, and would defile the sanctity of marriage. 
5. Caillou and his family need to listen to some good Christian music in their off time so that they can better themselves. 
6. Caillou's parents need to watch over him more. If they keep giving him so much freedom to play, then he is liable to hurt himself. 
7. If Caillou ever back-talks his parents, he needs a stern talking to, possibly even a more severe punishment.
8. Caillou needs more ethnically-diverse people in his life so as not to appear racist. Heck, Caillou's parents could even adopt an Ethiopian. 
9. There should be an episode where Caillou is caught watching something naughty on T.V. (something like Nickelodeon or Disney, nothing to naughty like "regular' T.V.). Caillou's parents should then realize the dangers of most T.V. shows and throw that thing out of their house and ride themselves of that evil forever! 
Do you have any other suggestions?"

You can view the rest of the post here, at http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0262153/board/nest/210863404?ref_=tt_bd_1

by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:31 PM

hmm...some of mine used to watch the show all the time....not as much now.

MamaRae85
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM
2 moms liked this

That thread seems pretty clearly like it's a joke. Some people are taking it seriously, but most of the people are playing along with the OP.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 2:34 PM

FFS some people need some hobbies !  If you look for sexuality it's there, it's EVERYWHERE.  That's why those shows are for CHILDREN not adults because we TWIST everything in a sexual way. 

You know there'a nothing wrong if a 4 year old girl says :  I make the pussy purr with the stroke of my hand.   But have a grown man say that in a bar to a woman he's hitting on, or song lyrics by Ted Nugent it's whole other story ... once AGAIN it's all a question of the context, who's saying it and who's the audience.

Sandiekd21
by on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:28 PM

I just upped my rank with thisreply!
Thank you!

unsuspected
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Of course ... turn it into a Christian mockery post.

I am a Christian and I dislike Calliou because he is a whiny, spoiled and annoying child. No sane person would see any sexual undertones in it.
KW1280
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:35 PM
1 mom liked this
You made the people think I am crazy because this post made me crack up lol

Quoting Jinxed8:

FFS some people need some hobbies !  If you look for sexuality it's there, it's EVERYWHERE.  That's why those shows are for CHILDREN not adults because we TWIST everything in a sexual way. 

You know there'a nothing wrong if a 4 year old girl says :  I make the pussy purr with the stroke of my hand.   But have a grown man say that in a bar to a woman he's hitting on, or song lyrics by Ted Nugent it's whole other story ... once AGAIN it's all a question of the context, who's saying it and who's the audience.

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 3:53 PM
I dislike caillou for all the same reasons. I live that ds is in school while it's on. He tends to mirror caillous behavior and whines about everytHing after watching it

Quoting unsuspected:

I am a Christian and I dislike Calliou because he is a whiny, spoiled and annoying child. No sane person would see any sexual undertones in it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 10, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Never watched this show.

johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:19 PM

interesting

aandt1999
by Member on Oct. 10, 2013 at 7:24 PM

This exactly.

Quoting unsuspected:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)