Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

does religon matter in friendships?

Posted by   + Show Post

A few years ago a lady showed up at our house trying to, idk what the words is, but trying to get people to go to their church and switch to their religon? I cant even rember what religon it was. I made it clear then that I wasnt intrested, but our kids are all about the same age so we kind of clicked right away. Ever since, when we run into each other grocery shopping, we stop and talk. Today we ran into eachother taking the kids to school. She's really nice and easy to talk to. I have very little female friends. The other moms at school kind of have their own clicks that i'm not apart of. I just dont click well with other women. Would it be weird if i asked her to coffee one of these times after we take the kids to school? Do you think our strong diffrence in religon would be a issue? Lol, agian i am new at this woman friend thing, i have no idea what to do.

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:57 AM
Replies (41-44):
morgantaylor007
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:43 PM
Religion should not be a problem with friendship. I don't have any female friends myself. But I don't think that is an issue.
thatgirl70
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:55 AM

In friendships, no. But it would matter to me in a personal relationship.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM
:) love this reply! I agree 100%

Quoting MichelleMc:

I have friends of many religions, almost hitting them all I swear ( minus Atheist ). I have a VERY strong Penecostal ( Has to wear skirts, can't cut her hair, etc ) to Jewish skirts & something covering her head, to Catholic ( some going to blessing of the everything to just going to church here & there ), Protestants ( From mega church go er's & quoting scripture to just are but don't go to church & everywhere in between ). A number of Wiccan Friends & a Pagan friend. One that is going as Hedge Witch. Some that aren't sure where they fall in the "Christan guidelines" But are. Some that believe in a higher power but not sure what. 

I think that if you can respect each other, that is all that matters. I would go for it, if she tries to "convert" you, just be open that look, I would love a friendship, but I am not coming to your religion so I would rather we keep that out of it. If she can great, if she can't, just stop the friendship. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:51 AM

Quoting thatgirl70:

In friendships, no. But it would matter to me in a personal relationship.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN