Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Does anyone else think that the Duggars are TOO modest?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
  • 31 Replies

They can't wear skirts because they're "too high" for them, and have trouble finding shorts and swim trunks because they don't cover the knees. HELLO! They're not supposed to cover the knees! And have you ever seen a V-neck sweater being worn on this show? Seriously what do they think is wrong with pants just barely exposing the knees, or a MICROMETER of cleavage? Whatever dress code they believe in, I refuse to believe in, the only exception being a tiny skirt on a teenager. Anyone else agree? NO BASHING!

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 5:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleMc
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:49 PM
2 moms liked this

They wear skirts all the time? Do you even watch the show? They don't wear dresses much ever. There is nothing wrong with this. Modesty is taken for granted. I myself don't dress that way, but I sure don't dress like I see some people. My friend does though dress like them. She even wore sweat pants under her skirt when she went to see her husband on the submarine ( both our husbands were on submarines, just different ones ). 

MommeeTo4
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:51 PM
4 moms liked this
They have been wearing make up and trendier clothes lately.

They just don't let their ass and tits hang out
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 11, 2013 at 6:56 PM
12 moms liked this

I'd rather see people dress modest then dress trashy.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 11, 2013 at 7:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting Janet:

I'd rather see people dress modest then dress trashy.

Yep!

17christine
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I appreciate how they dress. and what it teaches their children too. Take a look around, you should be questioning the way others dress.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this

Um I think all they wear are skirts....and no it does not bother me bc I would rather see that then butt and boobs hanging out!

sweetsavannah10
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:17 PM

I see Michelle wear dresses sometimes, but the other girls, I don't. But yeah I agree with you 

Quoting MichelleMc:

They wear skirts all the time? Do you even watch the show? They don't wear dresses much ever. There is nothing wrong with this. Modesty is taken for granted. I myself don't dress that way, but I sure don't dress like I see some people. My friend does though dress like them. She even wore sweat pants under her skirt when she went to see her husband on the submarine ( both our husbands were on submarines, just different ones ). 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

dotsicle
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

I think their swimsuits are silly, but I do like the fact that the girls wear modest clothing. I dress the same way, except that I do wear long shorts (above the knee) and sleeveless tops, and pants. I know their religion frowns on girls wearing pants, but I was glad to see when they started dressing the little girls in dresses with matching knee-length tights. Pedos love to see little girls' underwear showing, and I'm happy that they added the "pants" for modesty.

Nobody is going to pick on the kids for modest clothng... they are homeschooled anyway, and everyone in their church circle of friends dresses the same way. No, I don't think they are too modest. I'd rather see modesty than daisy dukes and boobalicious tops.

JleeB
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:26 AM
6 moms liked this
You know our world is going downhill when someone complains about being "too modest" instead of complaining about the people that dress like skanks. -_- oy
McM0609
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:28 AM
1 mom liked this
Who cares its their life, they are perfect the way they are. And i agree with pp modesty is taken for granted now a days.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN