Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

weight loss well pregnant.?

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
  • 11 Replies

So I have 5 little girls. And am pegnant . Not having morning sickness. I was 214 now I'm down to 205 , in 2 weeks sense I found out I was prego's ..I started eating healthy and walking twice a day I use to have a nice body but my last 2 girls and stress I threw on some weight. I don't want to gain . A ton in this pregnancy. But I don't want to hurt my baby either.. I didn't loss weight on purpose. Just got committed to being healthy for my last pregnancy.. my question is it safe to loss that way?

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 11, 2013 at 8:51 PM

I think your fine. I was the same way in both my pregnancies!

nicoal4
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:48 PM

BUMP!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. You have to gain. Not a lot. But you have to. Let your doctor tell you how much. It is not safe. Do you have a doctor appointment?

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:10 AM

Congratulations!

Junebaby18
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Quoting Janet:

Pregnancy is not the time to lose weight. You have to gain. Not a lot. But you have to. Let your doctor tell you how much. It is not safe. Do you have a doctor appointment?

You don't HAVE to gain weight while pregnant, especially when you're already over weight. As long as mom is eating healthy and baby is doing well, its ok to not gain weight or even a small amount OR even to lose weight. I have a friend who has 7 kids and gained no more than 7 lbs with any of her kids, some even only 1 lb. They were all healthy at birth and at a good weight. She also was and still is very slim.
etsmom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:08 PM

When you are overweight or obese, you don't have to gain any weight. If you are careful in how you are losing the weight, light exercise like walking, you can balance out just fine. I wouldn't recommend dieting, but changing how you eat in a healthy way and getting regular exercise will probably be safe. As always though, talk with your doctor before making any changes in your diet and exercise. Good luck and congratulations!!

nicoal4
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 8:53 PM

Thank you.. And I am not dieting I'm just not drinking soda or ice cream, and walking twice a day it's a 15 minute walk total. And just not eating junk.I'm only 6 weeks right now. But I lost 9 pcs. 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:18 PM
2 moms liked this
Yes. It's actually going to be healthier if you continue this trend. :) congrats!
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:25 AM
You will have plenty to sustain your new baby by eating healthy and exercising lightly. It will make labor easier, too. Breastfeeding once the baby is born also helps you lose weight. You should also have your thyroid checked along the line to be sure it's functioning properly. Come visit the Breastfeeding Moms group on CM. We're very friendly!
nicoal4
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Thank you I will, I nursed all 5 babies, and for sure plan to nurse this one...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)