Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help....

Posted by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
  • 12 Replies

My 15 yr old is pregnant and I'm very stressed, I'm trying to get everything in order for her and the baby.  I'm only 34 yrs old and I just not sure about all of this, of course I will do whatever it takes to support her and love her no matter what! But I'm having a heck of a time getting into the spirit of things I mean a baby is a wonderful gift and such a blessing I should be excited, right? It is what it is and there is no turning back time or try to change the past, this is happening but I can't seem to get out of this funk...of course she doesn't know any of this cause I'm not letting it show. I do not want her stressing about anything else she is already having issues with the father breaking it off with her, also school even though her friends are amazingly supportive of her! 

by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:33 PM

It's alot to take on, you have every right to be stressed out. I can't even imagine. Good luck *hugs.

Overwhelmed-mom
by on Oct. 11, 2013 at 9:37 PM

Thank you...

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:39 AM
2 moms liked this

There is no turning back and changing things like you said but that doesn't mean you should be excited. So don't feel bad because you don't. She is a child herself. This naturally put a lot of stress on you. Feel free to talk about it anytime were here for you.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
That's about the age I got pregnant. It is a lot to take, but just keep being supportive. That's the best thing you can do. My Mother wasn't and it really took a toll on me.
craftybookworm
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this
It's natural to be stressed. Who wouldn't be. However, you need to remain honest and supportive. What is done is done and she needs you more than ever. If nothing else to be her rock and an example. I hope that makes sense.
Overwhelmed-mom
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 9:29 PM

Thank you all for replying .......I am always going to support her and be her rock! Her bf broke up with her after I told them no to them asking if she'd could stay the night at the bf house. I got a phone call from his father yelling at me accusing me of becoming between their relationship! I replied by saying this is not a game of house! She is 15 and I don't feel comfortable with them getting in that habit of that kind of relationship they had sex yes and they got pregnant but I do not want them having three kids by the time they are 18!!!  My daughter told him he was being rediculas for getting so angry about me saying no to that...so he changed his fb status to single and wouldn't talk to her after that...smh I was actually heart broken for her because I truly wanted him to be there for her and support her and make it work! But to me it seemed like he and his family were looking for a quick way out....also this family does seem like they have to be in control of everything and we were not allowing them to call all the shots because we are independent women that's how I raise my kids!

terrygilroy
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 12:53 AM

I think you made the right decision.I hope things calm down and the boyfriend steps up to the plate and behaves like a parent.

victoria1971
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 8:49 AM
Sounds like your not angered by it and not looking for her to terminate then the best thing you can do is be supportative. You are young yourself you can have babied your self. Raise the baby like its yours. Keep your daughter in school. Are you married?
MusherMaggie
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this
The boyfriend is not ready to be a parent and would cause more stress at this stage. I would leave him out of this and concentrate on your daughter and coming grandchild. Encourage her and educate both of you about breastfeeding--healthier for both of them. School can be finished online.
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:17 PM

Hugs, yes a baby is always a blessing.  Hang in there and pray if you are religious.  Also, don't be afraid to ask for help.  There are organizations out there that offer support for teen moms.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)