Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

anyone ever broke anything ?

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:48 AM
  • 58 Replies
As a lot of people on here know I had a car accident in August where I t boned an 18 wheeler when my breaks went out randomly at a four way. I shattered my ankle and broke my tib n fib bones. I had a surgery to pip my leg back .. A surgery to enter an external fixator. (Weird rods sticking out my leg) and then another to enter plates and screws in my leg... All in the same month. I'm two weeks away from putting my first bit of pressure on my leg. I'm going crazy wondering if it is healed yet and what its gonna take to get back to normal. My life has been hard. I guarantee I'll be the most paranoid driver ever . I've been in a boot for four weeks because I had a heel ulcer n they couldn't do a cast.. So I take my foot out once a day. I've been kinda moving my foot up and down.. Just a little trying to get back to myself. I don't wanna hurt myself but I just feel so stiff and uncomfortable these days.

Enough whining! Have you ever broken a bone? What'd you do to pass time? Did u get depressed? I wanna know the whole story !
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM

No I haven't!

GarysGirl85
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:47 AM
I broke my big my big toe when I was 22 and went over a child safety gate and miss stepped. In 1989 they were such a pain to get open so we just stepped over them. And when I was 17 my step dad beat the crap out of me and kicked my foot while wearing boots and stress fractured my ankle.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

I broke my rib. I was coming in the side door where the basement is and had my hands full from shopping. I fell down the basement steps and landed on the cement. I bruised my hip bad too.

My friend was in a car accdent and just had her fifth surgery on her arm because it just won't heal right. It's been over a year for her. She takes it so well, never complains. She is in a lot of pain.

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:06 AM

A few summers ago I broke my foot, I was camped out on the couch for at least a week. I didn't get depressed, I just rested, watched tv, read. My foot was stiff for months. Hope your feel better soon.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:15 AM
No but I hope you heal soon and that you never break another bone again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:58 AM
Ahhh! My toe has been stepped on by those things ! Ugh !!! I hate that. And I broke a toe.. Not much u can do !:/

Quoting GarysGirl85:

I broke my big my big toe when I was 22 and went over a child safety gate and miss stepped. In 1989 they were such a pain to get open so we just stepped over them. And when I was 17 my step dad beat the crap out of me and kicked my foot while wearing boots and stress fractured my ankle.

SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 10:59 AM
I really hope not. This is enough for me

Quoting celestegood:

No but I hope you heal soon and that you never break another bone again.

kaygarcia97
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
I've broken several. Both collar bones, left ankle, left kneecap, right wrist and arm and several ribs. Yes it made me upset bc I couldn't properly care for my kids.
SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:00 AM
Yeah I stayed down stairs for pretty much two months. I didn't wanna do anything. Only thing I did was go searching for another car. One less thing to do when I was better !

Quoting goddess99:

A few summers ago I broke my foot, I was camped out on the couch for at least a week. I didn't get depressed, I just rested, watched tv, read. My foot was stiff for months. Hope your feel better soon.

SheciaBaby
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 11:01 AM
That's how I feel! I can't run n play with them. When my baby cries I can't walk up to her and swoop her up. I have to make her walk to me ... Its so horrible. How'd u break all those things !!? I don't wanna break another bone !

Quoting kaygarcia97:

I've broken several. Both collar bones, left ankle, left kneecap, right wrist and arm and several ribs. Yes it made me upset bc I couldn't properly care for my kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)