Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Helicopter parents on Halloween

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
  • 21 Replies

The parents on Halloween have turned into total helicopter parents. One time, I saw a group of teens trick-or-treating, and their parents were with them like they were little kids. Hunh? Almost even worse was when I saw kids and their friends out last year, and one of their fathers was following them around in his pickup truck.

Seriously?

These overprotective parents think that their children cannot leave their sight without them being kidnapped or sexually assualted, even in the quietest of neighborhoods. Thess people need to sit back, relax, and get a life. They're ruining their kids' social lives, and making it harder on themselves, too. Don't they realize that the recent technological advances, children today are safer than ever?

Another thing I've noticed in recent years is the measures moms and dads will go to to check if the Halloween candy has been poisoned, even when the wrappers are clearly untampered with.

WHAT??

Yep, Halloween sure has changed.

by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 12:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:24 PM

For most parents it's Safety First, no matter what.

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
Let me give you this situation, 13 year old girls are out alone, all of them looking down at their phones texting, guy rolls up behind them snatched the slowest walker. She is gone and unconscious before her friends even look up!
Ok here is another, sicko person sitting in their house a few hours before trick or treating starts with a needle shooting Poison into candy WITHOUT tampering with the wrapper. BOOM kid is dead!
People are fucking crazy these days and these precautions are needed! I'm going to guess you are young mom with only young kids.
Its not helicoptering its called being safe. You will understand when your kids are older
cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:36 PM
1 mom liked this
As it should be right?

Quoting goddess99:

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 12, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Yep, I would Never let my dd go trick or treating without an adult and she's 11.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

As it should be right?

Quoting goddess99:

cupcake_mom
by on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM
1 mom liked this
My oldest is 7 but i have tons of friends that their kids are middle school and up and there is no way they would let them go without a parent

Quoting goddess99:

Yep, I would Never let my dd go trick or treating without an adult and she's 11.

Quoting cupcake_mom:

As it should be right?

Quoting goddess99:

MommySchatzi
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Ok, the truck ordeal is laziness to me. Walk with your kids! I never have seen kids go trick or treating WITHOUT their parents or an adult, ever. 

CafeMom Tickers

CafeMom Tickers

theresaphilly
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:13 PM
I won't be going out with my 13 year old son and his friends, 10 year old daughter is going to a party and I will be going out with my 3 year old twins.
DACIA79
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM
I don't think he was trying to be lazy I think he was trying to give his kid space but still close enough to protect his kid

Quoting MommySchatzi:

Ok, the truck ordeal is laziness to me. Walk with your kids! I never have seen kids go trick or treating WITHOUT their parents or an adult, ever. 

MommySchatzi
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM
He can still give them space by not walking to far behind.

Quoting DACIA79:I don't think he was trying to be lazy I think he was trying to give his kid space but still close enough to protect his kid

Quoting MommySchatzi:

etsmom
by Member on Oct. 12, 2013 at 7:59 PM

I think the level of fear has increased because the number of pedophiles seems to have increased and some of them are a hell of a lot bolder than they were in the past. There is such a thing as cautious, but there isn't really a circumstance where a parent can be too cautious. However, at some point, we, as parents, need to let the kids take some steps on their own or else we aer going to raise a generation of kids that are going to be completely disfunctional. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)