Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

staying at home=no self confience

Posted by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 33 Replies

does staying at home make your social life alittle more difficult? if so in what way???????

by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HIJKLM
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:11 PM
3 moms liked this
No, I am free to make plans almost any time I like. When I was working I never had time to go out because I was working, spending time with my family, cleaning or trying to catch up on sleep. I rarely miss a party, school function or lunch date with friends.
kearaloves1
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:20 PM

Quoting HIJKLM:

No, I am free to make plans almost any time I like. When I was working I never had time to go out because I was working, spending time with my family, cleaning or trying to catch up on sleep. I rarely miss a party, school function or lunch date with friends.

sounds like a delightful life!

HIJKLM
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 1:45 PM
I guess it sounds better than it is lol. I only go out a couple times a month (except for school stuff, that's at least weekly) and I do get bored with the same old routine but that's no different than getting bored with work lol I just feel like it's easier to adjust my life when I don't have to adjust around a 9-5. If I don't get my housework done I can get to it later.

Quoting kearaloves1:

Quoting HIJKLM:

sounds like a delightful life!

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM

No I'm more social now because I have time to do what I want. If I miss something, it's because I'm already out doing something else.

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 3:14 PM

It can definitely make it more difficult but not impossible to overcome.  I have to seek out groups and people.  I organize a playgroup, am involved at Church during the week and do volunteer work.

apurpleladybug
by on Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:48 PM
1 mom liked this

ive never been very social nor had alot of friends.. now that im a stay at home mom,  to my one year old son, i feel like its the same but im even a little more isolated.., i love my son and like taking care of him, but sometimes, i wish I had  lady friends or other moms, i could relate to

AJsMom81507
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 5:49 PM

being a SAHM allowed me to be social.  we were out and about 4-5 days a week with friends.  now that i am working part time (kids are in school) i feel like i have no life.

LivinDeadGurl
by Maranda on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

Nope. I have never had any issues with my social life or with confidence. 

Raeann11
by Member on Oct. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM

No, I go out with friends when I want to. Every day I am talking with other parents, there are school functions, play dates and so on.

Colter
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:24 AM
1 mom liked this

Wow!  I am surprised that so many people are responding positively.  I find it VERY isolating.  With my first child I was the only one of my large group of friends who did not work.  Everyone else had full time jobs and afterwards were busy taking care of their family.  I would see friends maybe once a month if I was lucky.  With my second child i lived in a new area.  I had NO friends or family.  I joined play groups and went to story time, but it was very difficult.  Everyone i met was so different than me that I  found only very superficial friendships.  So, I check in on chat rooms like this one to pretend like  someone cares about my opinions!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN