Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Wondering if this is normal?

Posted by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
  • 7 Replies
Back in march when my gynocolegist gave me the go ahead I got the Mirena IUD. Before I got pregnant with my son I had just been on the pill. After the IUD was implanted, I bled off and on for the next few months, till about mid August, then stopped bleeding (like my doctor said I would). I was an emotional roller coaster up until I stopped bleeding, then I "mellowed out". Here in these last few weeks I've been noticing I'm having pregnancy symptoms: cravings, horrible mood swings, even my breasts seem to be getting bigger, along with my stomach (my stomach right now looks like it did when I was 12 weeks pregnant, I was an early show-er). I've taken 3 different pregnancy tests, and all have been negative. I was just wondering if any other moms had had this experience and what the outcome was...thanks in advance!!
by on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
marleasmommy91
by Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:49 AM
1 mom liked this

I had the exact same thing happen and I wasn't pregnant so I think it's just the side effects from Mirena =/

CafeMom Tickers
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:00 PM
1 mom liked this

Bump, Hope some others can help you.

Jenn8604
by Bronze Member on Oct. 14, 2013 at 5:02 PM
1 mom liked this
Bump. if it's side effects I recommend a new bc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
Today at 5:59 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 15, 2013 at 7:15 PM

bump

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 15, 2013 at 10:48 PM

I think a lot of people deal with similar side effects from it. :( Here is a bump though!

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM
1 mom liked this

these are side effects from Mirena.  I have one as well and I thought I had no side effects but the more I read what other women are saying, the more I realise a lot of my current problems must be related to my Mirena, I'm thinking to going to the doc and getting a tubal

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 16, 2013 at 11:27 AM
I believe its just the mirena!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN