Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you carved pumpkins yet?

Posted by   + Show Post

If you have, show them off!

If not, when will you carve them?

by on Oct. 16, 2013 at 12:37 PM
Replies (11-20):
Andreaaa81
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:26 PM

I saw on pinterest a pumpkin that was carved and then SPRAY PAINTED with a bronze coloured paint. It looked awesome, but I think it might be flammable!!

want10more
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:35 AM
1 mom liked this

i think we're gonna paint em this year... they keep longer and since the lil uns can't use a knife, carving isn't that much fun for them. daddy and the 2 older kids will carve one for them, and they get to go crazy w/ paint. win win i think!

heather77g
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:21 AM

we are going to get pumpkins next weekend at Locktober Fest. Then we probably wont carve them, because they will look good out there for November :)

Crafty8852
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:29 AM
We have about 20 pumpkins we're carving this weekend for our party next weekend. They're going to be trail markers to our "graveyard". I'm using a jigsaw and a drill for most of them, and I have a diluted solution of bleach water to spray on them to help keep them fresh and hopefully keep the animals from eating them ;-) The kids have their own "special" pumpkins to carve faces in to too!
timefor2
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:49 AM

We have not gotten pumpkins yet..I am sure we will this wknd or next, probably right before halloween....

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Oct. 20, 2013 at 12:35 PM
no this has been a rough month
MaineMammax2
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 2:58 PM
We have carved ours already. we grow pumpkins so we have a ton!! We love to roast the seeds when we clean the"guts and stuff" out of them. I cook alot of the pumpkins for cookies, soups and cakes. We use some for decorations and when they start to rot we put them on the pumpkin patch pile and cover them with manure and have next seasons pumpkins tucked away for winter!
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 20, 2013 at 11:38 PM

Not yet, hopefully soon. 

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 21, 2013 at 12:48 AM
I will soon. :)
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Quoting Mommy4000:

I usually wait until no more than a week before. They go bad so quick once they are carved, and we are getting some nasty cold weather right now, so there's no way they'd make it until Halloween.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)