Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

DV Emotional (4 years) PIOG

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM
  • 15 Replies
I can't believe that this year on Sun I was headed to court to face my ex for Domestic Violence hearing. I still feel some days I'm in a fog and other days I want to cry. I know it's probably normal but there are days that I don't feel a thing. Lately I have been learning my place at home through my daughter. I must say the hardest thing is feeling the weight knowing I am playing both roles and not knowing when the next question will come out asking about her "dad".
by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 7:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:10 AM

group hug

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:12 AM
Thank you

Quoting johnny4ever:

group hug

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 17, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

I have a good Friend going through what  you are..it helps to me a Good Friend and be there for her & her kids.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I know that has to be hard. Sorry hun.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 1:53 PM

yeah well if he was abusive you did the best for your daughter.  Being a single mom is not easy by all means, trust me I'm walking these shoes.  Even though I am re-married today my DH doesn't like to disciplin DD or be the bad guy so I'm still wearing all the hats.   As far as what to tell your daughter what's the deal with your ex ? Has he given up his parental rights or is he not allowed to see her ? Do you have sole custody ? 

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:34 PM
I do have physical sole custody of her. He only has supervised visitation 1st and 3rd Sun every month per the divorce decree that was issued April 26th 2010. She hasn't seen him since July 9th 2009.

Quoting Jinxed8:

yeah well if he was abusive you did the best for your daughter.  Being a single mom is not easy by all means, trust me I'm walking these shoes.  Even though I am re-married today my DH doesn't like to disciplin DD or be the bad guy so I'm still wearing all the hats.   As far as what to tell your daughter what's the deal with your ex ? Has he given up his parental rights or is he not allowed to see her ? Do you have sole custody ? 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:41 PM

And why hasn't she seen him ?  He's disrepecting your divorce decree than I would go back to a lawyer and have his parental rights revoked all together.

My ex husband has 1 weekend out of 2, and he's skipped several weekends, he does not mistreat or abuse DD but he doesn't take care of her either. (she basically spends all weekend watching TV while he fights with his girlfriend and at the last minute he'll take her out for ice cream or something to make it all better) My lawyer told me it wouldn't take much to revoke custody all together.  When your daughter is old enough tell her the truth.  My daughter is almost 10 now and when she asks questions I answer honestly. 

Quoting mmtosam06:

I do have physical sole custody of her. He only has supervised visitation 1st and 3rd Sun every month per the divorce decree that was issued April 26th 2010. She hasn't seen him since July 9th 2009.

Quoting Jinxed8:

mmtosam06
by Bronze Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 4:54 PM
He wants to blame me and tell whoever he is with that I'm keeping her from him. It's in the decree he has to drive up here to see her.

Quoting Jinxed8:

And why hasn't she seen him ?  He's disrepecting your divorce decree than I would go back to a lawyer and have his parental rights revoked all together.

My ex husband has 1 weekend out of 2, and he's skipped several weekends, he does not mistreat or abuse DD but he doesn't take care of her either. (she basically spends all weekend watching TV while he fights with his girlfriend and at the last minute he'll take her out for ice cream or something to make it all better) My lawyer told me it wouldn't take much to revoke custody all together.  When your daughter is old enough tell her the truth.  My daughter is almost 10 now and when she asks questions I answer honestly. 

Quoting mmtosam06:

Quoting Jinxed8:

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:24 AM

(((((hugs))))))

.Peaches.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

You can't make someone be a father that doesn't want to be...personally, I wouldn't waste my time worrying or stressing about it, its not going to change anything.

My ex hasn't seen my two oldest girls for almost 2 years and he lives an hour and half away....I couldn't care less, he's not a decent parent by any standard anyways.

All you can do when she starts asking questions is answer in the best way she'll understand- you don't have to explain all the details, and you don't even have to explain everything all at once.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN