Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you want to go out as much as your child?

Posted by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
  • 10 Replies

I am a social person but I don't like getting together with friends more than 3 times a week. My 4 year old twins are just the opposite. They want to see their friends every single day after school. They go to the same school! Every day they leave school they want to go to their friend's house and the moms encourage the playdates and the sleepovers. In a way, it is so convenient because I have friends to help me in times of need but at the same time I don't want to spend time with them more than 3 times a week. 

The fact that the kids always like to go out and see their friends makes me feel like they don't want to spend time with me. Their friend's mom would pick up, drop off my kids, feed them and really take good care of my kids. I trust them a lot but it does make me feel bad that the kids want to spend more time with their friends than with me and that these other moms are so perfect and organized. They all have high heels and make-up on when they pick up their kids from school. While I barely have time to put proper clothes and brush my hair at 7:45 Am:-)

by on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
I think it's normal for kids to want to be with their friends. Invite the play group to your house.
lizard3731
by Member on Oct. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM

My older son is a very, very social person.  His father, sister, brother and I aren't so much.  He wanted to be with friends all the time when he was younger and still enjoys going places with them more than the rest of us.  Sometimes his friends would come to our hourse; sometimes, to theirs.  I've never been very organized and my house is always kind of messy.  The only time I had make up and dress up clothes on was when I had to go to work. 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 17, 2013 at 2:02 PM

My son isnt very sociable..

Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Oct. 17, 2013 at 3:07 PM
My 12 year old son is like me, we're home bodies. We love to stay in. My 4 year old, he wants to ride the buses all day long. He cries so loud when its time to get off the bus and go home.
MichelleMc
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Them being social is very great & will help them greatly when they are older. Don't take it that they don't want to be you. You are mom & will always have that stake. But kids need friends & want friends. They should. They are 4 & getting to the independent stage. They shouldn't want to be up your behind & that is great :) 

Take it with pride. Let them go, and then plan the kids to come to your house 1 or 2 times. 

My son was always over his friends or friends were over our house. We went to things together like pumpkin patches or whatnot. We went as families or moms & kids or the kids did things with one mom & then I took some kids. Its a great thing :)

timefor2
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:47 AM

My Daughter is 9 and is very socialable, she plays every single day with the neighborhood kids. Our son also enjoys playing with friends but defitnitely is not as socialable as our daughter. 

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:58 PM
Mine are fine staying home. When it's nice out we go out and do things. We go to get togethers, or to the park or what ever.
Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 7:38 AM
My daughter is 15 months old and loves the outdoors. She cries and pitches a fit when we come back from our walks or running errands because she is curious and watches everything or everyone. She loves asking, "What's that?"
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:49 AM

Quoting goddess99:

I think it's normal for kids to want to be with their friends. Invite the play group to your house.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:50 AM
This.

Quoting Janet:

Mine are fine staying home. When it's nice out we go out and do things. We go to get togethers, or to the park or what ever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)