Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

AAHHHHHH need advice!!!!!!

Posted by   + Show Post

So my son has really been on one lately.  At night when its bed time he fights and fights and fights and when we finally have him asleep in the middle of the night he ends up in our bed all night long. Needless to say i have had very little sleep. This has been going on for over 2 weeks. We try to rock him back to sleep but as soon as we lay him down he wakes up and wont go back to sleep unless he is in out bed. (my son is just over 2 BTW).  It is so frustrating. Its every single night. 

He also has been really obsessed with sticking his hand down mine and my husbands shirts and playing with out nipple or moles. He does not really play with my nipples cuz i wont let him but he plays with my moles a ton and they hurt cuz he will not leave them alone. What can i do to stop this behavior? well actually both behaviors?? I am so frustrated about both of them. We hardly have time to ourselfs at night.  Very hard. So any advice what to do???

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Replies (31-33):
eleechick
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM
1 mom liked this

We recently moved him to a toddler bed because he was climbing out of his crib and i feared him getting hurt. So we cant go back to the crib even though i wish we could. And thank you for the suggestions. I know we need to be more strict about him staying in his bed its just had t 1am but we need to work on it. Thank you for your suggestions

Quoting JTE11:

My DD is 2.5 and still in the crib. She would be out of bed all night and probably never sleep if we had her in a bed. Maybe it's time to go back to the crib for the time being? Kids have to be able to understand and respect invisible boundaries (like having to stay in bed) or they will just keep getting out. They also do go through sleep regressions every now and then, caused by teething and/or developmental leaps. Does your DS have all of his teeth yet? If not, he could be getting some molars. They also go through some language development at that age and that could also be something that is making his brain not want to sleep. Make sure he isn't overtired (because overtiredness can cause night waking and prolonged falling asleep at bedtime), and that he isn't hungry or thirsty, keep bed times and nap times consistent, keep bedtime routine consistent, and if you absolutely don't want him in your bed, never allow it. Even if it takes 400 trips back to his bed then keep taking him back, because if he knows you will eventually give in he will just wait you out until he gets what he wants. It might take a few days or even a week of constantly walking him back ot his bed but eventually he will get it that he's not sleeping in your bed.  And if none of that works, just wait it out and in the meantime try not to start any habits that you don't want to continue when this sleep issue/phase passes (if it is a phase).  I never know for sure what is causing my DD's sleep disturbances at the time it's happening, it's usually only afterward that I can look back and say "Oh yeah, she's saying much longer sentences now so it was a developmental thing."  Sometimes all you can do is be consistent and ride it out an just try not to let it throw your routines out of whack in the meantime. I know that probably didn't help much, but that's all I've been able to figure out with my DD's sleep issues. Good luck, hope you get some sleep.

As for the moles, the other replies have covered that but I'd say wear high-necked shirts that don't afford him access to the insides of your shirts, and get him a fidgit toy of some kind that you can redirect him to when he feels the urge to mess with the moles and nipples. It could possibly be comforting to him in some way and I don't want him to lose that, so maybe try to switch it onto something else that's nore appropriate.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I wonder if it could be a sensory issue with the wanting to play with moles.  Maybe there is something you can give him in bed that he can twiddle with?  Maybe a stuffed animal with bumps on it or something?  What time do you put him to bed and what time does he wake up>?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Good luck
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)