Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

AAHHHHHH need advice!!!!!!

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
  • 33 Replies

So my son has really been on one lately.  At night when its bed time he fights and fights and fights and when we finally have him asleep in the middle of the night he ends up in our bed all night long. Needless to say i have had very little sleep. This has been going on for over 2 weeks. We try to rock him back to sleep but as soon as we lay him down he wakes up and wont go back to sleep unless he is in out bed. (my son is just over 2 BTW).  It is so frustrating. Its every single night. 

He also has been really obsessed with sticking his hand down mine and my husbands shirts and playing with out nipple or moles. He does not really play with my nipples cuz i wont let him but he plays with my moles a ton and they hurt cuz he will not leave them alone. What can i do to stop this behavior? well actually both behaviors?? I am so frustrated about both of them. We hardly have time to ourselfs at night.  Very hard. So any advice what to do???

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

I wonder if it could be a sensory issue with the wanting to play with moles.  Maybe there is something you can give him in bed that he can twiddle with?  Maybe a stuffed animal with bumps on it or something?  What time do you put him to bed and what time does he wake up>?

countrymama20
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:20 AM
Try soothing him before bed. Read a book to him. Maybe get him a nightlight or like what my son has is one of those pillows that project stars on the ceiling. Or go the strict route ans keep putting him in his bed til he gets te hint. It may take hours but eventually they get that its bedtime. As for the pinching or playing with nipples/moles, I would just tell him no thats not nice. Say that hurts mommy or ouch. Be serious though cause if you laugh it becomes a game. Hope you will find some of this useful (:
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jesus.hates.you
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM
1 mom liked this
CIO
eleechick
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:25 AM

we put him to bed between 8:30pm and 9 most nights.  And lately he has been up between 11pm and 1am.  Last night he woke up at 11pm and refused to go back to sleep. We eventually just layed him in bed with us and he eventually went to sleep.  What could a sensory issue mean?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

I wonder if it could be a sensory issue with the wanting to play with moles.  Maybe there is something you can give him in bed that he can twiddle with?  Maybe a stuffed animal with bumps on it or something?  What time do you put him to bed and what time does he wake up>?

eleechick
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:27 AM

I have told him that it hurts me and am not playful about it. I tell him in a stern voice every time to stop that it hurts but it never works. He just continues to do it. We have a night light in there with him now and it does not seam to be making a difference. We have done the stict thing with just keep putting him back to bed but does not work and we usually read him 3 books before sleep with him.  

Quoting countrymama20:

Try soothing him before bed. Read a book to him. Maybe get him a nightlight or like what my son has is one of those pillows that project stars on the ceiling. Or go the strict route ans keep putting him in his bed til he gets te hint. It may take hours but eventually they get that its bedtime. As for the pinching or playing with nipples/moles, I would just tell him no thats not nice. Say that hurts mommy or ouch. Be serious though cause if you laugh it becomes a game. Hope you will find some of this useful (:

eleechick
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM

????

Quoting jesus.hates.you:

CIO

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:28 AM
1 mom liked this

There are different types of sensory issues but the most commonly talked about is Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).  Here is a checklist - http://www.spdfoundation.net/symptoms.html

Quoting eleechick:

we put him to bed between 8:30pm and 9 most nights.  And lately he has been up between 11pm and 1am.  Last night he woke up at 11pm and refused to go back to sleep. We eventually just layed him in bed with us and he eventually went to sleep.  What could a sensory issue mean?

Quoting SlapItHigh:

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Check out this link,:

"A constant need to touch people or textures, even when it’s inappropriate to do so" 

http://www.brainbalancecenters.com/2012/04/signs-and-symptoms-of-sensory-processing-disorder/

SlapItHigh
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:33 AM

That means "cry it out", a practice of letting the child cry themselves to sleep instead of addressing the problem and helping the child to overcome the obstacle.

Quoting eleechick:

????

Quoting jesus.hates.you:

CIO

eleechick
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 1:34 AM

He only seams to fit the sleep one on the list. Maybe 2. But maybe i should talk to my dr about it.

Quoting SlapItHigh:

There are different types of sensory issues but the most commonly talked about is Sensory Processing Disorder (SPD).  Here is a checklist - http://www.spdfoundation.net/symptoms.html

Quoting eleechick:

Quoting SlapItHigh:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN