Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Upstairs Alone

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 15 Replies

My husband and I are buying a home soon and some of the homes have the Master on the first floor with all the other rooms on the second floor. How do you feel about having your child upstairs alone?

by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
orchardmoma
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Doesn't bother me. You get used to it. The only bummer is laundry stuff. 

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM

Upstairs is fine, it's basement rooms I"m not big on!

LnAsMommy
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 3:05 PM
It first it was nervous, but it doesn't bother me now. It is actually kinda nice because when they wake up in the morning they stay in their rooms to play until the adults are up and they can be as loud as they want!
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:41 PM

That's not really something I would do but also was never put in that situation.

luvmybug
by Amanda on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:17 PM
I would be ok with that.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I would like us all on the same floor

leanntx
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:59 PM
Our master and the baby's room are on the first floor. The boys' are on the second. We love it!
want10more
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:33 AM

one good thing is that you'd hear a teenager trying to sneak out! heh! i wouldn't feel comfy w/ lil uns, unless i had a really good baby monitor. but even w/ my lil uns just down the hall, there's always a light kept on for them, if you kept the steps lit up a lil so they'd feel comfy finding you, i'd not see that as a problem. congrats on your new house tho!

heather77g
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 7:32 AM

I wouldn't be to concerned with the kids having a room upstairs. That is how a lot of the homes are now these days. 

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 12:33 PM

I'd be fine about it if the child was past 9 or 10 years old. Before that, I wouldn't do it. Had a scare with my youngest when she was about 7, bad illness, if I had not been within earshot of her bedroom, things might not have ended well.  I guess if you do have a kid upstairs when you are downstairs, i'd do a baby monitor in their rooms even if they are older.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)