Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

general thoughts

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
I am a sahm to our 2yr old
I also take care of our house hold,
my hus is works 6 days (unofficial , 5 official ) a wk. ( he's a mgr and is on call on sat. )
Well anyway, I just sometimes DON'T think he appreciates how thin I spread
myself , between trying to a GOOD mom, a friend, a spouse , a CARE TAKER of our house, son and to him ( my hus ) PLUS THE ENDLESS BATTLES of trying to keep our house clean , laundry and so on. ( you will hardly ever see me here on the venting end...because i like helping people more
than this way around) but this (topic ) is a NEVER ending battle that my hus and I can NEVER SOLVE ( what I think he appreciates and what I don't think he appreciates or if it's just thst he CAN'T ??? )
Well I don't know...I just Needed to get that off my chest.
Sorry I was so vague... but I do have a question to those who have youg children of no older than 5 .
When did your kids stop napping ? And did there nap time change as they were getting older...let's say beyween 2 and 3yrs of age ?

Thanks
~ CyN~♡
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 18, 2013 at 4:40 PM

I think alot of SAHMs feel unappreciated 1 time or another. My dd was around 3 and a half when the naps started to end.

silverthreads
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 5:55 PM

A lot of guys do not get it!  Write down evreything you do in a day and let him look at the list.  Talk about it calmly and matter of fact.  Let him know you just need acknowledgement of all you do.  My 2 kids stopped napping at age two.

johnny4ever
Yesterday at 5:59 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 18, 2013 at 6:56 PM

My son stopped taking naps at 3

cynzbryte
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
Thanks gals for lending an ear ..your advice is a good idea ( silverthreads ) I feel I am st a cross roads with his whole out look on what I really do in my day.
So..thanks again :-)
~ CyN~♡
.Peaches.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:07 PM

We all feel that way sometimes, its normal and will come and go.

My girls stopped napping regularly about the age of 4. When they were younger than that, some days they needed naps, other days they didn't, and the amount of time they napped could vary.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Mine stopped napping at the age of two and one half. Why is yours not wanting to nap anymore?
cynzbryte
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 3:53 PM

Hey Janet...I think i figured it out, I moved his nap time closer to the 1pm hr rather than the 11 am hr.

he gets up anywhere between 5:30-7a

He's always been a one napper since the time he was 6mos old..so hopfully this is the answer,

Thanks for your responce :-) i appreciate it.

~ CyN~♡
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:52 AM
Yeah, my three year old isn't napping lately. BUt he's crabby. ugh

Quoting goddess99:

I think alot of SAHMs feel unappreciated 1 time or another. My dd was around 3 and a half when the naps started to end.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:53 AM
I am tweaking his schedule and putting him to bed earlier. Hopefully it helps.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN