Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advice

Posted by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
  • 12 Replies
I am pregnant w my 2nd my last one too. My son wants a brother AND A sister we still dont have gender. How can i make him understand he will have either a brother or a sister but not both. We still dont know gender.
by on Oct. 18, 2013 at 10:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Peaches.
by Member on Oct. 18, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Just tell him there's only one baby in there and you don't know what it'll be yet.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:21 PM
Yes, I agree. Tell him you only have one baby. You have to wait to see if it is a brother or sister.
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:27 PM
How old is your son?
emilysmom8
by Member on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Be honest tell him "mommy is only having 1 baby so it will be Either a brother OR a sister, not both"

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:51 PM

I agree! 

Quoting emilysmom8:

Be honest tell him "mommy is only having 1 baby so it will be Either a brother OR a sister, not both"

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 19, 2013 at 2:52 PM

How old is he? Maybe you can find a book at the libarary for him? They have tons of books geared towards new big siblings! 

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Oct. 19, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Quoting Janet:

Yes, I agree. Tell him you only have one baby. You have to wait to see if it is a brother or sister.

suetoo
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 9:49 AM
1 mom liked this

Show him! Put a few of his toys, or different color balls or blocks in a bag. Close it and let him shake it up. Tell him getting a baby is like getting one of the toys out of the bag. You only get one! Then let him reach in without peeking. :-) and remind him that you get what you get!

ClaribelC
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:11 AM
Thats a great idea!! Im gonna try that. I tried the is only 1 in there but he is only 5 so i think the concept is hard to understand. We had a miscarriage early this year so for that reason we have not fully told him we are having a sibling. I am waiting for baby to be above the 14 week to let him know.. We were overconfident and started prepping him to early on the one we lost so now we are the total opposite.

Quoting suetoo:

Show him! Put a few of his toys, or different color balls or blocks in a bag. Close it and let him shake it up. Tell him getting a baby is like getting one of the toys out of the bag. You only get one! Then let him reach in without peeking. :-) and remind him that you get what you get!

suetoo
by Member on Oct. 20, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I don't blame you! Sorry for your loss! I've been there, too. My 4 yr old grandaughter came home from church school singing "you git what you git and you don't throw a fit!" And then she'd giggle. I actually heard her caution her 1 yr old baby brother with the same sage advice! :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)