Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cna,dental assis,medical assistants get in here

Posted by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
  • 10 Replies
Highlights of your job? What it consists of? Yearly salary if u don't mind ? Want to go in one of these fields until I'm done studying to b a teacher
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Hmmm. I was a CNA for years, back in the 90's, early 2000's. It was about nine dollars an hour (although I made twelve an hour for a long time with a temp agency), which is ok for this area. It's pretty average. It was enough to support my small family when I was doing it, when we were a family of three. I'm in Missouri.
It's hard work, depending on where you work. Nursing homes pay the worst, and you work the hardest. Hospitals are the better places to work, but its harder to get on there. You get to know, and love, your patients. You care for them daily, and they become like family. It's hard, but rewarding, work. You do have to deal with family members who may or may not be demanding, and mean, to you. They ask things of you that you can't give them-like getting four hundred year old mom out of bed when you are feeding fifteen people. Or putting her right back to bed when you are trying to lay everyone else on another hall down.
It's busy, physical work-but time passes so fast. It's work that will keep you fit, so you never have to worry about working out. lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:21 AM
Oh, and best of luck to you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
neveragain17
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:24 AM

I am a CNA have been for 13 years . I love that I'm helping people. I work in a extended stay type place across from the main hospital. I have worked with all ages! I started out making 9$ an hour and I'm making more now lol. 

Maks1mommy
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Bump, I'm interested in this also.

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:04 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you !

Quoting neveragain17:

I am a CNA have been for 13 years . I love that I'm helping people. I work in a extended stay type place across from the main hospital. I have worked with all ages! I started out making 9$ an hour and I'm making more now lol. 

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 2:05 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you so much .

Quoting celestegood:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM
No problem:)

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Thank you so much .

Quoting celestegood:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 22, 2013 at 9:30 AM
My only help is Bumping it for you =) good luck.
neveragain17
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 12:38 PM
Your welcome! I want to add that I made more money with a company that sends you to different facilities. I made $18 an hour to sit with a patient at a hospital for a 12 hour shift! Then they sent me to a long term care facility that payed the CNAs $9 an house and the company that sent me paid me $16 an hour! I worked for the hospital 64hours every 2 weeks so I only worked for the travel company part time!

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Thank you !

Quoting neveragain17:

SheciaBaby
by Member on Oct. 22, 2013 at 4:28 PM
All that money for a two week course?

Quoting neveragain17:

Your welcome! I want to add that I made more money with a company that sends you to different facilities. I made $18 an hour to sit with a patient at a hospital for a 12 hour shift! Then they sent me to a long term care facility that payed the CNAs $9 an house and the company that sent me paid me $16 an hour! I worked for the hospital 64hours every 2 weeks so I only worked for the travel company part time!

Quoting SheciaBaby:

Thank you !

Quoting neveragain17:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)