Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Maybe its just me but

Posted by   + Show Post
I don't see the point in making a facebook or any other social site account for an infant/toddler/young child. My cousins wife made an fb account for her youngest son who was just born a few months ago. She also has one for her other son who is almost 3. I think its dumb. Whats the point in it?
by on Oct. 19, 2013 at 9:39 PM
Replies (11-20):
armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM
My great grandmother wanted me to be friends with a damn dog on facebook. Its ridiculous. I would never let my daughter have an account on something like fb until she is in her teens.

Quoting Momofmenagerie:

There isn't a point.... Parents with too much time in their hands ( like dog FB pages)

It's actually quite dangerous unless you have THE UTMOST security and privacy setting. The most restrictions on viewing possible.
Okie-chick
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:40 AM
Truth. I have my Facebook to share with my family what goes on here in Hawaii. My kids don't need their own
armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:41 AM
2 moms liked this
As it should be. Letting minors have accounts like thar can put them at serious risk for sexual predators.

Quoting luvmybug:

My dd doesn't have a Facebook and she is 9. That's going a little overboard if you ask me.
armyvet06
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM
1 mom liked this
And i have mine to share whats going on with me and my daughter to friends and family around the world.

Quoting Okie-chick:

Truth. I have my Facebook to share with my family what goes on here in Hawaii. My kids don't need their own
rory10
by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:46 AM

Last I knew the user had to be at least 13 to sign up (or at least 5 years ago it was) and most pets aren't going to be that old. But now I want to see if someone ever did one for a goldfish or something lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Oct. 21, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I agree with you, un-needed.

Angelmevans
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 11:26 AM
We do tell them all the time. Their grandparents like to see pictures all the time. We still send them pics and messages. We have also been using it as a writing tool for the kids. They have to use proper grammar, complete sentences, etc. the grandparents love it that the kids are the ones communicating with them. The kids are Learning a great deal at school about technology.

We do not allow them to post anything or say anything that is not appropriate. Our families are spread out all over the country. Their pages only can be seen by those invited and they can not receive any friend requests.

I understand what everyone is saying about social media and kids. It has helped us and the family feel more connected because of the distances.

Quoting armyvet06:

But why though? I'm not trying to sound rude or anything. But why not just tell people how they are doing?

Quoting Angelmevans:

I have private pages for my 9 yr old and 7 yr old. They can only be seen by people invited. We did it because we have family all over the country and they are involved in a lot if activities. It helps family stay involved in their life.

They can only get into the pages with my husband and I permission. They also write down there post and we post it for them.

Randoodle89
by Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM

lol. If they could, they would complain on there about us! lol. I could see it now! I also think it's weird to have a baby book online-but that's me.

Quoting armyvet06:

What do toddlers and infants have to talk about? They can't even type.

Quoting Randoodle89:

me either. Kind of crazy if you ask me.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:29 PM

My daughter in law did the same thing. I don't get it either.

splatz
by Sarah on Oct. 21, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I've seen a LOT of people do it. Its odd... I rather just post photos/updates of the kids on my own page.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN