Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Should she have to change the way she dresses?

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a good friend who has 4 boys ranging in ages from 8 to 13. 

The other day, her 10 year old informed her that he was embarrassed to be seen with her. She thought he was joking and took it in stride until he told her WHY he was embarrassed. He told her that he hates the way she dresses and that she was trying to look like a teenager. Apparently one of his friends (an 11 yr old) said she was 'hot'. 

This woman is a good friend and the MOST amazing mother. She has a good heart and is very pretty with a great figure to match, BUT she does not dress like a teenager. Her shorts are always a modest length and the t-shirts or shirts she wears are always nice, age appropriate and tucked in. She is busty but she doesn't do anything to accentuate her breasts. She has really long legs since she is so tall, so maybe it is the amount of leg and noticeable boobs that is causing her son issues. I don't know, but she told me that she absolutely cannot consciously embarrass her kids, so she packed up all her shorts and skirts that were shorter than ankle length as well as her t-shirts and donated them to a woman's shelter. Now she only wears long Capri's, long skirts and pants. All her shirts are button down and/or loose fitting.

I understand not wanting to embarrass your kids, but she honestly wasn't dressing inappropriately at all.

Do you think she should have completely changed the way she dresses to accommodate her kids feelings?

Would you do it? 

by on Oct. 21, 2013 at 3:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM

I think she should explain to him that she is not changing her ways bc there is nothing wrong with them!

KayLundy3
by Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:57 PM
Hell no.
letstalk747
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 10:36 PM

i probly would because its inapropriate for this age of boys to even be on this subject to me

want10more
by Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 4:24 AM

you are NOT telling me the news! lol! boys are soooooo weird! i got that from MY son about 10 yrs ago, his buddies bugged him about me being a MILF. heh. 10 yrs later? after everything started to slide? NOTSOMUCH! my face is where my boobs used to be. my boobs are where my belly used to be . my belly is where my ass used to be. my ass now trips me. (heh heh) hell, at leat they don't bug him anymore eh?

Quoting celestegood:

I agree, he has to deal with it. I'm sure they are saying those things to piss him off. Boys are weird.

Quoting want10more:

hell no. her clothes weren't offending him, her body shape was. gotta run w' what the good Lord gave ya. if she's not dressing like a total ho, then she can just tell her kid, i'm sorry, but look around. i don't dress diff than the other mothers. i love and accept you for the way you are built, so you have to accept and love me for the way i am! sure the pals saying she's a MILF is embarrassing to both mother and child, but if she's not dressing like a ho? then it's not her fault.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 24, 2013 at 7:31 AM
LOL yeah. It's true. But you know what they say. They will always talk about the guy's mom. It bugs them. It's a nice way to get under his skin. I'm sure they do it even as grandpas. lol And I seriously laughed! Your analogy about your body is the same as mine!!!!!!!

Quoting want10more:

you are NOT telling me the news! lol! boys are soooooo weird! i got that from MY son about 10 yrs ago, his buddies bugged him about me being a MILF. heh. 10 yrs later? after everything started to slide? NOTSOMUCH! my face is where my boobs used to be. my boobs are where my belly used to be . my belly is where my ass used to be. my ass now trips me. (heh heh) hell, at leat they don't bug him anymore eh?

Quoting celestegood:

I agree, he has to deal with it. I'm sure they are saying those things to piss him off. Boys are weird.

Quoting want10more:

hell no. her clothes weren't offending him, her body shape was. gotta run w' what the good Lord gave ya. if she's not dressing like a total ho, then she can just tell her kid, i'm sorry, but look around. i don't dress diff than the other mothers. i love and accept you for the way you are built, so you have to accept and love me for the way i am! sure the pals saying she's a MILF is embarrassing to both mother and child, but if she's not dressing like a ho? then it's not her fault.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
want10more
by Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:15 AM
1 mom liked this

heh boys can be dicks, which is why they have them i guess! eh? and oh how i wish what i said wasn't true. but as young as we feel, we can't outrun gravity eh? we might feel like pam anderson, but our bodies are more like betty white. aw crap! my ex (DICKHEAD!) once asked me why i didn't look more like pam anderson.... i said "CUZ YOU DON"T MAKE NUFF MONEY!" 

Quoting celestegood:

LOL yeah. It's true. But you know what they say. They will always talk about the guy's mom. It bugs them. It's a nice way to get under his skin. I'm sure they do it even as grandpas. lol And I seriously laughed! Your analogy about your body is the same as mine!!!!!!!

Quoting want10more:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting want10more:

celestegood
by Gold Member on Oct. 25, 2013 at 8:27 AM
1 mom liked this
Spot on. Lol

Quoting want10more:

heh boys can be dicks, which is why they have them i guess! eh? and oh how i wish what i said wasn't true. but as young as we feel, we can't outrun gravity eh? we might feel like pam anderson, but our bodies are more like betty white. aw crap! my ex (DICKHEAD!) once asked me why i didn't look more like pam anderson.... i said "CUZ YOU DON"T MAKE NUFF MONEY!" 

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting want10more:

Quoting celestegood:

Quoting want10more:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katemckenzie
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 4:44 PM

No. He'll get over it eventually.

MidwestMama55
by on Oct. 25, 2013 at 5:08 PM
I think if a son is embarrassed of the way his mother dresses, she should dress more conservatively.
MooNFaeRie30
by on Nov. 4, 2013 at 5:16 AM

If she is not dressing inappropriatly then she should not. She should explain to him that what she is wearing is appropriate for someoneh her age. Some kids are gonna think someone is hot regardless. I remember my friend telling me my dad was hot and Iw as mortified.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)