Dude. I know there’s a cliché about women getting overly emotional and highly reactive sometimes, but I’m pretty sure the same could be said for sports fans. Combine those with the adrenaline of a live game, and maybe a few beers, and you just might get a fan punching a woman in the face.

The New York Jets scored a controversial win over the New England Patriots on Monday, as they scored a field goal in overtime after the ref called a penalty. A couple of female Pats fans were caught on tape pestering a male Jets fan (probably not the best idea, ladies), and then he full on punched one of them!

The whole thing was caught on tape, and while it’s hard to see exactly what’s happening, it looks like there’s some sort of intense arguing, with what could be wild arm gesticulations or even attempts to hit or push by the lady that got hit in the face, but the counterforce used by the large, male Jets fan seems excessive.

The fan that recorded the video said that the fight “started in the stands with two girls fighting. And moved out to where I shot the video. Beer was thrown and clothing over the balcony. Security went after the guy. Didn’t see what happened after that.”

Later, JetsInsider.com tweeted, ”Jackasses like this make all Jets fans look bad. If u know him please turn him in so he never comes back…”

Take a look at the video:

Do you think the Jets fan was provoked?
Is there ever an excuse to hit a woman?