Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Time For A New Bra: Recommendations?

Posted by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
  • 5 Replies

So, the only good bra I have is a sports bra and that one I've had for a while. After my son was born, about a few weeks later, I bought a pretty nice bra. It fit for a while but then I guess my boobs got bigger as I can no longer wear it. Now, this was MONTHS after my milk had already came in. The bra is a 36C. So, I guess I need a 38 something? I haven't bra shopped in a while. Typically, I just wear my sports bra. lol. Any recommendations?

CafeMom Tickers

by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Oct. 23, 2013 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

The best thing to do is to go get fitted for a bra. That is what I'm going to do when I reach my goal weight. Which is very soon. A place like Penny's,  Macy's, Victoria's Secret.

johnny4ever
Great First Day
Yesterday at 7:56 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:15 PM

I get fitted at Victorias Secret but the fit isnt the best..different brands size differently

LLisaA
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:37 PM

Nordstrom is the absolute best department store to be fitted in.  I was improperly sized at both Victoria's Secret and Macy's.  Not off by a size or anything, seriously off - VS told me I was a 38 D and when nothing fit I went to Macys, who told me I was a 40DD or something like that, and when nothing fit she said, well, try a 42DDD, nothing fit so I left and  I went to Nordstrom where I was measured at a 36H and every single bra I tried on fit me like a dream.  Every single one.  I'm not even kidding, it was like Christmas.  Now every time I lose weight I get fitted at Nordstrom and I've never had a problem, the bras ALWAYS fit.

elsters4
by on Oct. 23, 2013 at 7:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I would suggest getting properly fitted for a bra first. Victoria's Secret is a good place to get fitted, as well as Nordstrom's or Macy's. I am actually taking my girls bra shopping this weekend (13 year old DD for her first cup bra that actually fits properly -- her first one we got a week ago and it didn't fit properly even though she was fitted; and 11 year old DD for her first ever bras!) Taking DD11 on Saturday and DD13 on Sunday. I am going to get them fitted before buying any.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Oct. 23, 2013 at 8:52 PM

Go get fitted!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)